ProjectV1 - ValentineOne hardwire

cobracide

Established Member
The weekend project is done. I've searched through the posts and thanks to everyone's ideas.
Hardwired, no splicing of wires, can all be undone seamlessly. Mounted as high as possible, best spot.
After ANOTHER ticket last week, it was time. Maybe the beep will just remind me that officer Sedenko is watching.

Parts:
(1) add-a-curcuit
(1) 5 amp fuse - for the extra circuit added.
(1) Valentine One
(1) V1 hardwire kit
(1) velcro with stick back strip 4" - for mounting the V! on top of the rear view mirror.
(1) zip tie - to secure the power wire on the rear view mirror

project_v1%20001.JPG

project_v1%20002.JPG

project_v1%20003.JPG

project_v1%20004.JPG

project_v1%20005.JPG

project_v1%20006.JPG

project_v1%20007.JPG

project_v1_008.JPG

project_v1_009.JPG

Last edited:

cobracide

Established Member
Is that going to pickup devices from behind being that high? Looks like it can't "see" out the rear window.

Sure - it's aimed straight out the front and back. I went for a test drive after I was done. Getting it as high as you can will get you range and a little bit of stealth. Works great! Powers on with the car, as recommened buy someone else's post I used the power window fuse conenction. That way the fuse box cover still goes on.

Last edited:

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
Nice looking installation.:thumbsup:

I've also got mine "hardwired" with the wire dropping down from the front of the headliner next to the cable that runs to the mirror. However, I just used the suction cup mount instead of trying to mount the detector to the mirror...

Users who are viewing this thread