Promtion make a 26 spline clutch setup?

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Whoooa, where did I state that they will NOT install the Mcleod clutch? They could care less as long as they get business. There simply stating there opinions. Thats a pretty bold statement saying I should find a new shop without you seeing some of there work! They installed my FTBR diff bushings and lpw cover and did a really great job.

oh sorry bdubbs, didn't mean to come across like that. i'm on your side i promise - lol. i guess i'm confused with your relationship with the shop. maybe you just didn't ask them about their opinion of the rxt before purchasing? i'm just baffled why you would drop near a g on a clutch without knowing before hand/discussing what the shop had in mind. have you discussed the promotion with them? maybe they prefer another direction

good luck either way :beer:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
oh sorry bdubbs, didn't mean to come across like that. i'm on your side i promise - lol. i guess i'm confused with your relationship with the shop. maybe you just didn't ask them about their opinion of the rxt before purchasing? i'm just baffled why you would drop near a g on a clutch without knowing before hand/discussing what the shop had in mind. have you discussed the promotion with them? maybe they prefer another direction

good luck either way :beer:

It's all good! I talked to them before I ordered it. Just so many good reviews on this clutch and it's my car so I figure it shoudn't matter to much to them which one they install. I really think they were trying to suggest other alternative clutches for half the price. I know they mentioned the centerforce dfx.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
have over 40k miles (and close to 2 years) on my promotion clutch (the car is my DD), and loving it. im running their basic cobra 11" clutch kit, which was $290. the clutch pedal is sooooo much lighter than stock. it actually feels like any other manual car now. there has been ZERO clutch chatter from day one. if i ever have to replace the clutch again, i will be going right back to them.

they do have 26 spline clutches for sure, b/c back when i ordered mine, they tried upselling me to the 26 spline (which i declined, as you know) =]

I forgot to ask you, are you using a different firewall adjuster/quadrant?

Silverboost

Established Member
I have the promotion 750 kit with their 26 spline input shaft and i love the clutch. It has zero,chatter and grabs. This clutch is very streetable and holds up well to high power and high rpm launches. For the money they cant be beat. Buy the clutch and dont look back.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I really want to order one up, but they don't call me back! Left a email about a week ago, talked to June and she said she would have Walt or Wally call back. That was a few days ago and this morning I left a message for Walt and no call back!

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
I really want to order one up, but they don't call me back! Left a email about a week ago, talked to June and she said she would have Walt or Wally call back. That was a few days ago and this morning I left a message for Walt and no call back!

whenever i ordered mine, i had to call like twice a day for a couple of days in a row (maybe even 3 or 4). leaving at least one message a day. i dont remember if they eventually called me back, or if they finally answered...but i DO remember it was a pain getting them on the line, to place my order.

edit: of course you wanna make sure to leave in your message, that you are trying to place an order with them/spend money with them.

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
whenever i ordered mine, i had to call like twice a day for a couple of days in a row (maybe even 3 or 4). leaving at least one message a day. i dont remember if they eventually called me back, or if they finally answered...but i DO remember it was a pain getting them on the line, to place my order.

edit: of course you wanna make sure to leave in your message, that you are trying to place an order with them/spend money with them.

Dang it really shouldn't be like this! I left my name and number for Walt and told him I need a clutch for my cobra. I'll see if they call tomorrow, if not I'll call again on thursday.

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
Dang it really shouldn't be like this! I left my name and number for Walt and told him I need a clutch for my cobra. I'll see if they call tomorrow, if not I'll call again on thursday.

i agree w/ya Bdubbs. in fact i recall saying something along the lines of (in a thread i made on here) "i certianly hope they arent this hard to get a hold of, if i need any help/customer service for the clutch, once i have it." (luckily i never needed to call them again/anymore once i got the clutch). i dont know if they just stay super busy, or what....but...keep trying bro. you will get them on the horn, eventually

Tims97SVT

Established Member
Guys, Walt has personal issues he's tending to this week. He won't be around till early next week probably. Just leave a message, someone will call you back! Wally is probably trying to play catch up from when Walt was out before. He had an unfortunate accident not long back.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Guys, Walt has personal issues he's tending to this week. He won't be around till early next week probably. Just leave a message, someone will call you back! Wally is probably trying to play catch up from when Walt was out before. He had an unfortunate accident not long back.

Ok thanks for the update, like moko_03svt stated I to am hoping there not a pita to get a hold of if issues arise. Personal issues I can understand though.:beer:

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
I called yesterday for an estimate. I need them to put together an entire kit w/ everything needed to do a 750hp kit w/ 26spline set-up.. waiting for a call back

Brutal DSG

Angry Turtle
Established Member
I called yesterday for an estimate. I need them to put together an entire kit w/ everything needed to do a 750hp kit w/ 26spline set-up.. waiting for a call back
I see you took my plan :beer: I am telling you go with the RSG input shaft brotha a much beefier piece than the stock Tremec unit

Users who are viewing this thread