"Prototype rare special edition Lighting Cobra on Craigslist"

txyaloo

Established Member
Found this great ad on Craigslist this week. That's a bastardized F150. :pop:

92 ford truck lightning prototype rare model - $2700

http://austin.craigslist.org/car/266070400.html

92 ford Nite short flare side, 302 cobra mustang motor,sunroof,kickin stereo,window tint,cold air,5 speed,new tires deep rims and dual flowmasters.this is one of the hard to find lightning prototypes. only eight thousand were made,everything runs great just needs a clutch.must sale soon before i change my mind and keep it.

rDAVbl1ldfjvOPCVYWF0NpBtC9nS.jpg

BOLT330

Established Member
It's even got the "SVT" badge on the bottom left corner of the tailgate. Trully a rare find.....:rollseyes

1BAD93SVT

Established Member
maybe he should sell it back to FORD so they can make the prototype a reality. maybe with all 8,000 Ford can make 1 utlatra RARE new age Lightning. someone call him before he changes his mind and replaces the clutch.

txyaloo

Established Member
I love that he stuck a 2nd Gen badge on the rear. He should have called it the "ultra rare rat rod edition junker". I wouldn't doubt it if this guy had one of those ultra rare v6 extended cab Lightnings. Those things are rampant around here.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
:lol: Where's the sense of humor guys? :lol1: I'd love to see the guy that buys it and believes it all.

03blklightning

INTERCEPTOR
Established Member
Apperently the prototype came in three different color blacks. A 302 cobra, i bet it is the same motor my dad's 93 extended cab ford had. If I can remember correctly, and correct me if I'm wrong. Most of the time when any prototype is made they put the biggest baddest motor they can possible find. That's how it has been for as long as I can remember.

Look at the Gen 3 lightning, The boss 429, even the new Camaro concept has the biggest baddest motor Chevy could find.

And why would Ford go from a 302 motor to a 351 in the production model in 93. I know it's bullshit and everything, but these are some of the things I would think about before I lied about something like that.

He is a prime example why it is illegal to marry your sister and have kids.

Users who are viewing this thread