Proud new handgun owner here!

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
... Well, I've payed for it, held it, and watched it go in the safe at least.

usp_ct.jpg

I bought the .45ACP Heckler and Koch USP Compact Tactical. Anyways, it came with 3 mags, the cleaning kit and a soft carry case.

I will pick it up next Saturday (8 day waiting period) and hopefully go shoot it that day too. Probably around the Annapolis area, but we'll see.

Now I just have to buy some ear protection (probably the Peltors Cory recommended) and the Oakley M Frame shooting glasses I want and I'll be set.

Anyways, just a little excited and wanted to share. This is my first handgun :rockon:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
sweet, nice choice... congrats! is this your first handgun?

Thanks man. Yes, this is my first handgun.

I shot quite a few other makes and manufacturers (Glock, SiG, Springfield, Ruger, S&W, Beretta), but since it first sat in my hand, I was in love with this H&K. :bowdown:

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
I have a coupkle HK's....by far one of the best Manufactures in the world! You bought yourself a sweet first handgun!

ReVviNg HiGh

Rev it up!
Established Member
took me 5 months to get my pistol permit and and firearms id card. Finger prints, FBI, State Police, Municipal Police bla bla bla! But it was worth the wait. Congrats and be safe!

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
took me 5 months to get my pistol permit and and firearms id card. Finger prints, FBI, State Police, Municipal Police bla bla bla! But it was worth the wait. Congrats and be safe!

F New Jersey....No offence! They have some of the strictest laws in the US.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
sean, if you dont mind me asking, how much did it run you with the 3rd mag, and cleaning kit?

also, is it the HK cleaning kit?

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Nice, congrats Sean. You took your time and make a good choice. Now you need the M4 and another Cobra. :thumbsup:

Thanks man! Yea, tell me about it. I was sitting there while I was filling out all the paperwork and such DROOOLing over some of the M4s they had behind the counter. Either that or a handgun for my wife will be the next gun purchase.

With regards to the Cobra, there are some things in motion right now that (should they pan out) may make a new Terminator pretty feasible. Here's to hoping it does pan out :beer:

I have a coupkle HK's....by far one of the best Manufactures in the world! You bought yourself a sweet first handgun!

So far, I have to agree. Although this is my first, I have fired quite a few. My favorite by far was this H&K, but the SiG and Glocks were a close second.

waiting period FTL. here you go in, pick it out, and leave with it

Yea, that's the way it is in VA and PA, but not MD.

Holy crap!!! 5 months is just insane. That's half a year!! I'm very thankful I do not live in New Jersey (no offense).

Thanks for the congrats :beer:

sean, if you dont mind me asking, how much did it run you with the 3rd mag, and cleaning kit?

also, is it the HK cleaning kit?

The gun, case, 3 mags, and H&K cleaning kit cost me $1099. This was the second best price I found of the 4 places I called ($1079 was the lowest; Gilbert Indoor Range in Rockville, MD). But the place I bought the gun (The Armory in Annapolis, MD) is within walking distance of my house and, quite frankly, the guys behind the counter were very pleasant and knowledgeable to deal with. They seemed to have some good prices on a lot of guns, in case anyone's interested.

Last edited:

oldracer1

Established Member
WOW!!!!!!! In Texas it only takes about 30 minutes....you can walk around the store with new gun and ammo....Man, its great to be from Texas!!!!!!!!!

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
decent deal sean.

yeah, in VA, walk in, and as fast as your can pay, your out, every gun ive bought ive been in the store no more than 15 mins.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
WOW!!!!!!! In Texas it only takes about 30 minutes....you can walk around the store with new gun and ammo....Man, its great to be from Texas!!!!!!!!!

Hey....I might just move down their in a year or two. That or Florida. No winter beater needed, class 3's allowed, fishing, and a street racing scene.....I'm in heaven

So far, I have to agree. Although this is my first, I have fired quite a few. My favorite by far was this H&K, but the SiG and Glocks were a close second.

im sorry but i think glocks are f'in gay and soooooo overrated H&K is a def a good choice

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Nice! H&K's are surely beautiful handguns. I just picked up a S&W M&P 45 (olive frame). Awesome gun as well that sits very low in your hands.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
im sorry but i think glocks are f'in gay and soooooo overrated H&K is a def a good choice

It's nice to have the safety on the trigger for a carry gun. I can get a shot off much quicker instead of fumbling for a safety. I'm sure if I practiced I could do the same with another gun but I don't have the time to practice pulling a standard pistol out and disengaging the safety as quick as I can with my Glock. With that said, the HK is still much nicer:banana:

Last edited:

Red Devil

Village Idiot
Established Member
Congrats, Sean. As for the people talking about how great it is to walk in and 15 minutes later, walk out with a handgun, that ain't a good thing. It's great that you can go in and get your gun of choice but that also means every other dipsh!t can too. I like the fact that there's a waiting period. Weed out the criminals, as best they can. I don't like the fact that Hi can walk in and buy a gun and then 5 minutes later, "I'll be takin these here huggies and whatever cash you got in the drawer."

Users who are viewing this thread