PS4 with mouse and keyboard

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
so lets keep keyboard / mouse on PC, and controllers for console. A good KB/ Mouse player will shit all over a console gamer, regardless of skill. The precision is second to none.
Lets not tell people how to spend their money and how to experience their video games. I support keyboard and mouse for console 100% IF it's supported. If someone cant justify getting a k&M then too bad. Stay salty and thinking lack of options and/or the way you think of should be should be the way everyone does it.

Zemedici

Established Member
Lets not tell people how to spend their money and how to experience their video games. I support keyboard and mouse for console 100% IF it's supported. If someone cant justify getting a k&M then too bad. Stay salty and thinking lack of options and/or the way you think of should be should be the way everyone does it.

tumblr_m6fo1eoSfb1rzjjfeo1_500.gif

ah yes - i forgot we were all supposed to think the same way.

Silly me. People disagree.

Deal with it.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
That response made no sense. It's ok for you to tell people they should stick to controllers with consoles but if i think people should be able to use what they want as long as it's supported then I am mad and should deal with it. That's being a hypocrite or a troll. Perhaps both. I didnt suggest we all should think the same way. You stating controllers should go with consoles does however imply that lack of freedom to choose.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
I think @VenomousSVT used some sort of mouse controller thing, fish-something or other.

Thanks for bringing me in the loop... There are a few options as I've been. Playing with a mouse since the cod4 days. For years I've used a splitfish frag fx. They are junk but I made it work and did quite the damage with one being top 3k on the leader boards at one time using a frag fx.

They released a ps4 model (allegedly) but I've never actually seen one or get real proof of one. U went searching for something for ps4 and used a cronus max for a while to use my ps3 controller on my ps4 and did fine. When my frag fx finally started to wear slap out I started looking elsewhere..

There is a company "Hori" that makes some licensed products for ps4. They have the Tac PRO and the Tac Grip... I have both. The Tac pro is like a g13 Logitech with a keypad for left hand and mouse for right hand. (It will also support other mice). This is probably the best version for a hardcore pc gamer making the switch.. I used mine for a few months until I discovered the Tac grip. This is a UK device that you can still get sent over to the US, but will need some firmware swapping to get it right. I switched to the grip as its like a half of a ps4 controller for left hand and a mouse for the right hand. This was more of what I was used to. My Tac pro is in the box collecting dust. (There went $150). They are very powerful tools but because of this they have tons of customization as well. You can adjust dead one and ADS speed and we'll as normal speed. Mouse acceleration for normal and ads the whole 9.
@Stanley

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
That response made no sense. It's ok for you to tell people they should stick to controllers with consoles but if i think people should be able to use what they want as long as it's supported then I am mad and should deal with it. That's being a hypocrite or a troll. Perhaps both. I didnt suggest we all should think the same way. You stating controllers should go with consoles does however imply that lack of freedom to choose.
Some games support kb/m natively, most do not.

Zemedici

Established Member

sigh. Lets start from the top, shall we?

Thread is created to discuss PC Keyboard / Mouse on Console

I comment saying it gives console users disadvantage due to precision / accuracy with mouse that is not equal to a controller. Its not an opinion, not a perspective, its a fact.

You respond with 'people should be able to use whatever, cuz 'merica'

which brings no merit to the conversation, at all....and then proceed to attempt to instigate an argument, even AFTER i brush off your 'response' as drivel.

lol

Seems odd that PC gamers would want to play on lowly consoles.

:D

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
What's this mouse bullshit? For PC gaming a trackball is where it's at. I've been a pc multiplayer gamer since Duke Nukem 3d and for the life of me can't switch to consoles because I can't work the controller. I don't know how you guys do it. It's weird because I know with the ball/keyboard I operate more buttons. That dual thumb situation works me.

Zemedici

Established Member
What's this mouse bullshit? For PC gaming a trackball is where it's at. I've been a pc multiplayer gamer since Duke Nukem 3d and for the life of me can't switch to consoles because I can't work the controller. I don't know how you guys do it. It's weird because I know with the ball/keyboard I operate more buttons. That dual thumb situation works me.

Same way we feel about using our left fingers hahaha

RRMBrembo

Established Member
sigh. Lets start from the top, shall we?

Thread is created to discuss PC Keyboard / Mouse on Console

I comment saying it gives console users disadvantage due to precision / accuracy with mouse that is not equal to a controller. Its not an opinion, not a perspective, its a fact.

You respond with 'people should be able to use whatever, cuz 'merica'

which brings no merit to the conversation, at all....and then proceed to attempt to instigate an argument, even AFTER i brush off your 'response' as drivel.

lol

Seems odd that PC gamers would want to play on lowly consoles.

:D

Are they handing out keyboards and mice to only certain console players? Maybe I'm missing what is preventing other console players from switching to a superior methodology?

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
I don't feel that using a make shift mouse solution on xbox is an advantage to players at all.. Its still not comparable to gaming on PC.... However for some of us, using the controller is too alien to be able to enjoy the game. If I can hack a solution to allow me to use a mouse (regardless of it being less precise or finicky) at least I am able to enjoy the game at my own pace and take what I get for my experience.

To me, it's not a whole bunch different than racing games being played with controller/wheel/full racing seat setup. I'm decent with a controller decent with a wheel. I don't feel either (for me) is a real honest advantage. But both are a different experience in which I am able to enjoy either for different reasons.

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
I don't feel that using a make shift mouse solution on xbox is an advantage to players at all.. Its still not comparable to gaming on PC.... However for some of us, using the controller is too alien to be able to enjoy the game. If I can hack a solution to allow me to use a mouse (regardless of it being less precise or finicky) at least I am able to enjoy the game at my own pace and take what I get for my experience.

To me, it's not a whole bunch different than racing games being played with controller/wheel/full racing seat setup. I'm decent with a controller decent with a wheel. I don't feel either (for me) is a real honest advantage. But both are a different experience in which I am able to enjoy either for different reasons.

That's me. I'm just trying to be a productive member of the team when I play Star Wars Battlefront with my 8 year old son.

Zemedici

Established Member
Are they handing out keyboards and mice to only certain console players? Maybe I'm missing what is preventing other console players from switching to a superior methodology?

I picked up a PS4 controller (never played PS4 before) and had it down in less than a week....

same way when I started playing xbox

Have y'all tried? Or are y'all the old men yelling 'BACK IN MY DAY WE DIDNT HAVE THESE BULLSHIT CELL PHONES'

Just seems odd to go through all the paces of 'hacking' your system to have it recognize foreign hardware, when you could just practice a little bit with the controller (you know, like you do to learn a game, that you'll be doing ANYWAY) and not have these issues...?

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
I picked up a PS4 controller (never played PS4 before) and had it down in less than a week....

same way when I started playing xbox

Have y'all tried? Or are y'all the old men yelling 'BACK IN MY DAY WE DIDNT HAVE THESE BULLSHIT CELL PHONES'

Just seems odd to go through all the paces of 'hacking' your system to have it recognize foreign hardware, when you could just practice a little bit with the controller (you know, like you do to learn a game, that you'll be doing ANYWAY) and not have these issues...?

You know everything don't you?

Zemedici

Established Member
You know everything don't you?

far from it

Know a shitload about gaming and cars, that's about it. Couldn't tell you shit about cooking.

Just seems logic eludes most people, so I tend to help out when I can in that regard.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
far from it

Know a shitload about gaming and cars, that's about it. Couldn't tell you shit about cooking.

Just seems logic eludes most people, so I tend to help out when I can in that regard.

So how is it illogical that I'm not able to compete in the Olympics? How is it illogical that I can't memorize entire books? So how is it illogical that because I have nerve issues in my hands that I don't have the accuracy in my thumbs to be able to aim with a controller? If you can prove that I'm illogical because I can't physically do something then I'll give you the argument... But bottom line, you don't know me or my reasoning behind using a different device. You assume I'm lazy and refuse to "put in the effort" to learn it like a normal person. This makes you an ignorant person. And to me, assuming I k own all the reasoning a person has based on no facts what so ever is illogical.

Users who are viewing this thread