PSR install

allmotorTA

Established Member
Installing a ported short runner on my '01 this week. Any install guides out there? I'm pretty good with a wrench but I just like to have an install guide when I can. Like to know the ft pounds recommended for intake bolts, etc etc. Also, as I understand most people inspect then reuse the intake gaskets if possible, correct? EGR is already gone btw. Thanks for any info!

sent from internets

allmotorTA

Established Member
Got it done. Easy install. Did manage to break a fuel rail bolt so I had to remove the manifold and drill it out then re-tap. No problem though, the second time around the install only took about 1.5 hours or so.

sent from internets

allmotorTA

Established Member
I did it in prep of forced induction. Na svt said I will not gain anything NA on a bolt on car with this particular port/runner length. It sure does seem to pull much harder from 5000-7000+ though. Also, I was planning on getting 4.10's put in the next day after the install but because of a work schedule change i couldn't do it. I'm surprised how good driveability is with this PSR and stock gears. Tuned via SCT-bama tunes. I should probably datalog and retune as well but haven't yet.

sent from internets

snakeraper11b

Established Member
I did it in prep of forced induction. Na svt said I will not gain anything NA on a bolt on car with this particular port/runner length. It sure does seem to pull much harder from 5000-7000+ though. Also, I was planning on getting 4.10's put in the next day after the install but because of a work schedule change i couldn't do it. I'm surprised how good driveability is with this PSR and stock gears. Tuned via SCT-bama tunes. I should probably datalog and retune as well but haven't yet.

sent from internets

What length runner did you go with? 10"?

Users who are viewing this thread