Pull battery after Predator Tune?

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
From the search I did on past posts, everyone says it is not needed. But, when I loaded my Predator tune my car did not ping, now it is pinging down low in the RPMs. I pulled some timing (5%) in the 2k-4k RPM range with no affect. The only thing I can think of for showing up a few weeks after the install is relearning fuel trims. Anyone have this issue before? Did pulling the battery cable fix it? Can you add some canned 104 Octane boost to the tank to help temporarily? I will add 10% fuel down low as well just to be safe. I am going to the track this Friday and want to be safe.

Thanks,
Dan

coleman

Established Member
Which track? ... there should be a few Mach-1s over in Ennis @ Texas Motorplex.
I won't be able to make it :( ... Yellow Rose and all that.

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
Yep, Ennis. It will be a cool day with low humidity, and I am getting my K&N FIPK tonight. Got a new pulley and need to update my times. Now - if I could just get this pinging eliminated...

Last edited:

Justicem

06/26/02 #1018
Established Member
did you try adding some fuel. When I got my predator, it was doing the same thing and when I got it dyno'ed, it was running lean.

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
Since I was pulling the battery anyway last night, I went ahead and installed my K&N FIPK system to replace my drop-in K&N in the stock air box. All I can say is DAMN! I don't know if it was the K&N FIPK, or the battery reset - or both, but it pulls like mad now. Timing is still 22 degrees at WOT, and my low RPM pinging is gone. I can barely keep traction anywhere in first gear now. Can't wait to get to the track tonight for *hopefully* some good time slips.

Users who are viewing this thread