Pulley Fix Idea.

Yates...Man

TRMN8R
Established Member
I have an idea for the aftermarket gurus out there.

It looks difficult to pulley this car with the location of the blower drive belt, small blower snout pulley etc.

Why can't we get Doug or somebody to fab up a blower pulley that can extend out past the outer access. drive belt. Then we can bolt any size lower in front of the access. drive pulley. This would make it similar to the Term setup.

Maybe a longer snout with a longer shaft instead of a longer pulley would help with rigidity?

Just an idea.

bubbrubb

well, I'm not expert, but I have a hunch that if you were to extend the distance that the pully was from the snout, then you'd run into the problem of it not lining up with the rest of the pullies & belt. I was thinking about something like that a while ago, so I looked at the pictures of the engine for a bit, then I realized what I had just said :(

maybe there is a way to relocate the sensor by the lower pully? that would solve the problem of the lower pully size increase, and since metco 'has' a new snout and a 2.50 upper pully 'ready' I think the car could see some decent boost

:pop:

key

Established Member
Something to keep in mind, is that if you did that, the belt would have more leverage on the snout. So it would put more pressure on the snout than a stock length snout would..

Might not make a difference, but something to think about.

Emmerson_Biggins

Huge, that is
Established Member
key said:
Something to keep in mind, is that if you did that, the belt would have more leverage on the snout. So it would put more pressure on the snout than a stock length snout would..

Exactly...

Yates...Man

TRMN8R
Established Member
That is probably the real reason why the blower pulley is on the inside of the acces. pulleys. My thought would have a whole extra crank pulley in front of the access. pulleys. This no doubt would create more leverage on the crank snout. Not a good thing.

gmynko

I like injecting people
Established Member
dgussin1 said:
but why would you want to modify a new car?

Because I'm an obsessive-compulsive perfectionistic person with low self esteem and addictive tendencies who simply NEEDS more hp.

Plus, I went from a stock Eaton with a stock pulley to a KB at 17# on my terminator. ;-)

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
The upper problem will be solved easily. Someone will make a new blower snout. I just hope its not the same price as the ford gt unit form KB (surely shouldn't be) There might not be much wiggle room on the lower though, but it might not be needed.

200MPHCOBRA

Liberty Tree Needs Water
Established Member
I say shorten the snout and flip the pully around backwards placing the belt in the exact stock location. I don't know if the snout has enough meat in it for this, but it wouldn't be hard for a good machinist to do.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
gmynko said:
Because I'm an obsessive-compulsive perfectionistic person with low self esteem and addictive tendencies who simply NEEDS more hp.

Plus, I went from a stock Eaton with a stock pulley to a KB at 17# on my terminator. ;-)
oh yeah...forgot about that. I guess that makes 2 of us. :pepper:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
200MPHCOBRA said:
I say shorten the snout and flip the pully around backwards placing the belt in the exact stock location. I don't know if the snout has enough meat in it for this, but it wouldn't be hard for a good machinist to do.
damn, such a painfully simple idea yet no one has thought of it before! wow, then we could put us a 1/2inch pulley on it with mega belt tensioners and make like 30lbs of boost on the stock eaton!

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Ry_Trapp0 said:
damn, such a painfully simple idea yet no one has thought of it before! wow, then we could put us a 1/2inch pulley on it with mega belt tensioners and make like 30lbs of boost on the stock eaton!
what about all that pressure being placed on the pulley? Don't you think it would get ripped off the snout with all the pulling from the belt. It will not work which is why nobody will do it.

rezcobra

Established Member
Yates...Man said:
I have an idea for the aftermarket gurus out there.

It looks difficult to pulley this car with the location of the blower drive belt, small blower snout pulley etc.

Why can't we get Doug or somebody to fab up a blower pulley that can extend out past the outer access. drive belt. Then we can bolt any size lower in front of the access. drive pulley. This would make it similar to the Term setup.

Maybe a longer snout with a longer shaft instead of a longer pulley would help with rigidity?

Just an idea.

Just twin turbo it!!! :pepper: :banana: :beer: :rockon: :D :thumbsup:

200MPHCOBRA

Liberty Tree Needs Water
Established Member
dgussin1 said:
what about all that pressure being placed on the pulley? Don't you think it would get ripped off the snout with all the pulling from the belt. It will not work which is why nobody will do it.

The load on the pully won't change as the distance of the belt to the bolted conection hasen't changed, so the moment arm is the same. I just wonder if there is enough room to bore for a new bearing in the housing as I'm sure there is a bearing just past the end of the snout that you must cut away to make my idea work. But in any case, you need to change the pully diameter anyway to get more boost, so a beefier pulley will quell pulley misgivings...........damn maybey I should have kept my mouth shut?

Users who are viewing this thread