Pulley Noise

reef93

EVILNSIDE
Established Member
1L3Z-6B209-BA is the part number for the tensioner. If you go to ford and tell them you need the tensioner for the supercharger on a cobra it will be outrageous because they only list it with the bridge assembly and not separate. But this is infact the same one that bolts to the bridge. I have a friend that works at ford and I got his price and it cost me 49$ and some change. Way better than 400$+

Darkwave1

Established Member
Dial soap bar !!!

I had the same problem ... I know that feeling !!! Mine would start loud (Squeaking) and after 10/15 minutes would be tolerable !! I was up for anything .... then I read a post about using Dial soap (Bar) it is a golden soap bar. I cut a piece that would fit near upper pulley using pliers to hold in place while the engine was on .... wet the bar a lil so it was slick and placed on inside if belt where the ridges are and cleaned the belt !!! Instant ... squeaking was gone !! Came back a few times and reapplied ... now ... no problems ;) !!! If you have nothing to lose why not try !!! Be careful ... but basically the inside of the belt is full of dust and engine particles .... you will notice how much grime comes off !!! Good luck !!!

SilverCobra7

Philippians 4:13
Established Member
Well guys... I found my problem. I thought all of stock pulleys checked out ok when I removed and cleaned them. I noticed on one of them it made a sight sound when spinning it in my fingers... Turns out do be a bad bearing! I installed BF 4pc idlers I picked up from another member and replaced all bearings to safe. No more squeal.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

SilverCobra7

Philippians 4:13
Established Member
Good went to bad again... Decided to take the Cobra out for a drive, started it and what do you know... It squealed again for like 10 seconds! After my drive, I checked the idlers and noticed black specs from the belt stuck on one of them... I guess its gonna be my belt!

itzl0l

Angry Bald Man
Established Member
While its running take a spray bottle and mist the belt.....first do the smooth side.....then the grooved side. If the noise goes away ....and then comes back a few moments later its the belt. (Doing the smooth side and then the grooved side will give you an idea of which side may be glazed). Cleaning that side might get ya by for a week until you get a new belt.

....I had the same issue and found out the smooth side of my belt was an issue....cleaned it with some soap while it was running (degreased it)....lasted me another 3-4 weeks or so. Its making the noise again, bout to order a belt.

Blueline

Established Member
Good went to bad again... Decided to take the Cobra out for a drive, started it and what do you know... It squealed again for like 10 seconds! After my drive, I checked the idlers and noticed black specs from the belt stuck on one of them... I guess its gonna be my belt!

Im telling you its the belt lol, these Gates are notorious for this. Mine does it as well, first start up for a few seconds then its gone. My belt is new, only about 1k miles on it, so Ill deal with it lol :beer:

nol300

Established Member
Mine sounds the same and I'm using factory belt as the car only has 5k on it. Also using 2.76 and 4piece billetflow.

Users who are viewing this thread