pulley question

04cobratorchred

I Love Being Blown
Established Member
I have had my car since September 30th of 04 and haven’t really had any problems with it. It’s been to the dealer for some little things that were covered under warranty. So now I want a little more power out of it so I am thinking about getting a pulley and tune which would void my warranty. But I want to know if I should just wait till my warranty is up. It’s my everyday driver even in rain and snow. I am a college student so I am kind of poor so I am really scared about voiding my warranty in case something would happen. My dad really doesn’t want me to do it but he said its my car so do what every I want. So I am just wondering how safe this would be. Thanks

A lot would say depends how mod friendly your dealership is. I went to my dealership with a pulley and they said I wanted to cancel but they said "The warranty is still good for other parts too it will only be voided for any supercharger maintence since you put a pulley" so basically even though I did the pulley, if something goes wrong elsewhere they would fix it.

04cobratorchred

I Love Being Blown
Established Member
Thanks my dealer is not mod friendly at all. They give me shit for having my MRT Catted H pipe. the day i asked him about getting a pulley he said they would void my warranty right away.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
IMO if you have to question whether or not you can afford to maintain your car if the warrantee is cancelled I would only do the "mod friendly" stuff like catback and intake for now and when the warrantee is up do the rest. There is an excellent chance that if you did a pulley/tune (I know the temptation is strong!) you'd never have a motor problem resulting in warrantee work. But if you did, it could get expensive. I also have heard of people with the pulley/tune AND a lot more motor mods whose dealer took care of them. But I think they're the exception and not the rule. FWIW, my own dealer was very mod friendly. But he told me up front that a pulley and/or tune would become a probable issue. I never had warrantee work done so modding to the extent I did never really became a dealer issue. I took the risk and won. Not everyone, though, fares so well, especially if they do a fair amount of street/track racing. Best of luck.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Mark, I'd ride the warranty out buddy! The pulley will always be there and your car's still young. :beer:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Everyday driver...
In college...
Not rolling in dough(like me)...
Needs reliable tranportation...

I vote no pulley till cooling mods... and an HE is NOT a cooling mod!!!

Jimmy :beer:

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Jimmysidecarr said:
Everyday driver...
In college...
Not rolling in dough(like me)...
Needs reliable tranportation...

I vote no pulley till cooling mods... and an HE is NOT a cooling mod!!!

Jimmy :beer:
:lol:

So what are your list of cooling mods Jimmy?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I-CAN-STANG said:
:lol:

So what are your list of cooling mods Jimmy?

I'm stock... :bored:

but I'm preparing for more open track stuff...

so when $$$$ permits....

The EVANS COOLING MODS :bowdown:
and
The LDC left head cooling mod :bowdown:

Jimmy :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread