Pulleys and Carbon fiber intake questions

ESPN8

Established Member
Well , wife gave me the OK to order 2.6 pulley , idler and Carbon Fiber intake and tune , so , i,m giving the nod to Lethal .
Ralistically , anyone know how much will / should the car be making to the rear wheels after its all done ?
Last question .
Seeing as i,m " Mechanically Challenged " how difficult is the aove Procedure ? .
Any pics or links to the job would be a big help .
Thanks .

1 bad bullitt

Do'in it in the dirt
Established Member
Vandenberg Air Force Base, California, United Stat
My guess would be 520-530RWHP, but thats just a educated guess.

CAI and Tune are a piece of cake with basic hand tools, the pulley is really pretty simple as long as you have a quality tool, IMHO the VMP tool is way better than any of the other pulley puller tools out there, there are a few things that can go wrong with the pulley swap, but if you get the VMP puller and follow his instructions to a tee your chances of sucess are much greater. Definately do your homework on the procedures for the pulley swap and make sure you are confident before you tackle the job.

AlanSVT

Established Member
pulley was a pain in the ass....

but everything else was cake...

now I have the same mods you have and been on 2 different dynos..... 510 and 530

so I would say any where in that range...

Colleton

Established Member
I'm not very mechanically inclined, so this may help you:

It took me ~ 1 hour to install the FRPP CAI and VMP tune by myself. Piece of cake.

It took my sons and I ~ 3 hours to remove the stock pulley and install the VMP stock look pulley using the VMP tool. We took our time and made sure we weren't going to break anything.

Haven't had a chance to dyno it yet, but it's supposed to be making 525RWHP.

YMMV.

Timber Wolf

Established Member
Well , wife gave me the OK to order 2.6 pulley , idler and Carbon Fiber intake and tune , so , i,m giving the nod to Lethal .
Ralistically , anyone know how much will / should the car be making to the rear wheels after its all done ?
Last question .
Seeing as i,m " Mechanically Challenged " how difficult is the aove Procedure ? .
Any pics or links to the job would be a big help .
Thanks .
Pulling the pulley off is somewhat of an art form and requires a tool. Id let a pro handle such a crucial part.
At the end of the day depending on the dyno you use you should see a realistic 500 to the wheels give or take. Mine saw 490WHP on a dynodynamic which is super conservative by nature. That equaled roughly 590 crank hp but made 640ft/lbs torque! It really wakes the car up! Thank your wife for the 100 or so new found ponies!:banana:

2Sharpie

Established Member

now I have the same mods you have and been on 2 different dynos..... 510 and 530

Alan.........your car is Sterling GRAY!!!!

TexasShelby

Established Member
What your dyno sees is completely dependent on first the dyno, then who is actually running it, then altitude and temperture, the higher the altitude and temperture the lower the power will be, but from what I've seen, most people are in the 520hp club with a JLT CAI, Tune and 2.6 pulley.

ESPN8

Established Member

Thats what i,m afraid of . If there was a shop close by mei would take it there . Neararest one is 8hrs drive . Do you know what your RWHP was before the pulley swap ?

AlanSVT

Established Member
Thats what i,m afraid of . If there was a shop close by mei would take it there . Neararest one is 8hrs drive . Do you know what your RWHP was before the pulley swap ?

STD Smothing 5

Before mods baseline was 470.39RWHP and 458.68 TQ (The car had 300 miles)

After mods was 510.82RWHP and 514.36TQ (Car had 900 miles)

but then on another dyno it ran like 530...

but the 470 and 510 were on the same dyno about a month apart..

ESPN8

Established Member
STD Smothing 5

Before mods baseline was 470.39RWHP and 458.68 TQ (The car had 300 miles)

After mods was 510.82RWHP and 514.36TQ (Car had 900 miles)

but then on another dyno it ran like 530...

but the 470 and 510 were on the same dyno about a month apart..

Pretty much what mine is making for HP at the moment . Can you tell me which Puller you used to take the pulley off with and why it was such a PiTA . Thanks .

AlanSVT

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread