Pullied Cobra vert vs 5.0 vert

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
Did he back that mph up? No.. Also how many full weight pullied cobras have went 11.2

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Doodad/musclefan was a tenth behind with a higher trap and more weight lol.

Give it a rest dude. We all know the new 5.0 is a badass car. Give some credit to an 8 year old pos you MS guys hate so much.

Sent via morse code through a fax machine.

BStowers023

Established Member

Give it a rest dude. We all know the new 5.0 is a badass car. Give some credit to an 8 year old pos you MS guys hate so much.

I don't hate them, just don't see many impressive ones around here.

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member

So nobody ran 11.2 :D I don't hate it I like the car :thumbsup:

Beetle6986

Established Member
Did he back that mph up? No.. Also how many full weight pullied cobras have went 11.2

I don't know. I didn't ask. What does it matter if he did anyways? You're posting an 11.2 from somebody that posted a time from a freind and you're questioning times posted by users that ran those times themselves? I doubt the 11.2 is even legit. Now your posting times from a Boss Mustang. Grasping for straws are you?

You keep asking for info to backup the Cobra times. Just go check the modular fords site for yourself. There are plenty of them. Heck, I'll give you some examples that I think you know. How about Dynotune from your LS1TECH site. He backed up the 124MPH. Let me give you another one you should know... Does Unit 213 ring a bell? He ran your 11.2s full weight with a pulley. Almo, F8LBITE might be a few others you heard of.... BSTowers, I'm sure you're familiar with some of those users from LS1tech also.

Now stop avoiding the question! How many full weight bolt on 5.0s have trapped 124??

Last edited:

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
I don't know. I didn't ask. What does it matter if he did anyways? You're posting an 11.2 from somebody that posted a time from a freind and you're questioning times posted by users that ran those times themselves? I doubt the 11.2 is even legit. Now your posting times from a Boss Mustang. Grasping for straws are you?

You keep asking for info to backup the Cobra times. Just go check the modular fords site for yourself. There are plenty of them. Heck, I'll give you some examples that I think you know. How about Dynotune from your LS1TECH site. He backed up the 124MPH. Let me give you another one you should know... Does Unit 213 ring a bell? He ran your 11.2s full weight with a pulley. Almo, F8LBITE might be a few others you heard of.... BSTowers, I'm sure you're familiar with some of those users from LS1tech also.

Now stop avoiding the question! How many full weight bolt on 5.0s have trapped 124??

I've noticed if a 5.0 has slicks/skinnies, it is considered full weight by the MS guys. If a Cobra has Slicks/skinnies, it has weight reduction.

:rollseyes

BStowers023

Established Member

Sorry, I haven't inspected any new 5.0s to determine full weight. Proof of any bolt on cobras trapiing 124 full weight? Proof that any of those cars you named are full weight? We have a guy on there name HihoSSilver on there with a bolt on LS6 Fbody trapping 130mph "near full weight", does that mean I believe him?

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Sorry, I haven't inspected any new 5.0s to determine full weight. Proof of any bolt on cobras trapiing 124 full weight? Proof that any of those cars you named are full weight? We have a guy on there name HihoSSilver on there with a bolt on LS6 Fbody trapping 130mph "near full weight", does that mean I believe him?

I can vouch for Musclefan21 trapping a best of 123.

Radials, spare/jack all still in the car, plus a 205lb driver and a 1/2 tank of gas.

I'm sure if Erdal ran in negative DA like most of these runs he would trap 124.

He unfortunately ran in 50-60 degree weather, with 1400 DA.

Almo and F8LBITE trapped 124 FULL WEIGHT, Spare/Jack, full interior, IRS, with driver, etc.

It is definitely not common for a pullied Cobra to trap that high full weight, but it is possible. Just like this 5.0 trapping 122 full weight with full bolt-ons.

Anything is possible in the right weather and with the right driver.

BStowers023

Established Member

Radials, spare/jack all still in the car, plus a 205lb driver and a 1/2 tank of gas.

Almo and F8LBITE trapped 124 FULL WEIGHT, Spare/Jack, full interior, IRS, with driver, etc.

It is definitely not common for a pullied Cobra to trap that high full weight, but it is possible. Just like this 5.0 trapping 122 full weight with full bolt-ons.

The Boss 302 I'm talking about is nowhere near full bolt ons, it has a CAI, Magnaflow catback, Tune and a DR. It still has a lot left on the table.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
The Boss 302 I'm talking about is nowhere near full bolt ons, it has a CAI, Magnaflow catback, Tune and a DR. It still has a lot left on the table.

The boss is already a tuned up version of the 5.0, weighs less, etc.

I'm talking a 5.0 GT, since that was the original comparison.

The one Cody listed was FULL BOLT-ONS and Drag Radials and trapped 122.

If you want to pull the Boss card, it is only fair to pull the Ported Card. In that case, no contest.

Pullied/Ported Cobra's are in the 10's full weight trapping 126-127 with a great driver.

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member

So alot of those cars went 124 in great weather (northeast). The 122 by the 5.0 was done at my local track in similar if not the same da that most cobras see 117-122 on the same track. Again if this car (5.0) made that pass in killer northeast da it would go 122+ as well. So back to the argument cobras do not hold a solid mph advantage in similar conditions and I would put my money on a 5.0 from a roll or dig with the mods stowers listed for both with equal drivers :thumbsup: but to each his own I know you cobra owners think diffrently :)

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member

Exactly same for the 5.0 I listed

Last edited by a moderator:

Beetle6986

Established Member
So alot of those cars went 124 in great weather (northeast). The 122 by the 5.0 was done at my local track in similar if not the same da that most cobras see 117-122 on the same track. Again if this car (5.0) made that pass in killer northeast da it would go 122+ as well. So back to the argument cobras do not hold a solid mph advantage in similar conditions and I would put my money on a 5.0 from a roll or dig with the mods stowers listed for both with equal drivers :thumbsup: but to each his own I know you cobra owners think diffrently :)

So the answer to my question would be NO? No full weight bolt on 5.0 Mustang Gts have run 124 MPH? Thanks. (somehow you keep getting side tracked)

BStowers, What does hihosilver have to do with the conversation? I gave you both some examples of Cobras (I didn't pick them out of a hat. I used some that I knew you would recognize). Both of you know that you can't find a full weight bolt on 5.0 trapping 124. End of discussion.

Also, Lets be clear that we are talking about 5.0 Mustang GTs (not the Boss mustang).

Last edited:

Riptide

Established Member
Question. If it has radiator/sway bar deletes and an aftermarket driveshaft is it considered to be "full weight" or not?

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Question. If it has radiator/sway bar deletes and an aftermarket driveshaft is it considered to be "full weight" or not?

Not in my book.

Radiator/Sway deletes save over 25lbs, and driveshaft saves about 20lbs and rotating mass.

Same goes for Slicks/Skinnies. That is over 100lbs in weight savings just for rims/tires.

Riptide

Established Member
Yeah I think it boils down to what your opinion is on "full weight" or not.

If the bolt on cobra trapping 124 has anything on there that reduces weight then it would also be disqualified yes? So the same types of things including aftermarket drive shafts and the like would be an issue.

Not saying any of the ones brought up so far have those on there, just wanting to clarify.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Yeah I think it boils down to what your opinion is on "full weight" or not.

If the bolt on cobra trapping 124 has anything on there that reduces weight then it would also be disqualified yes? So the same types of things including aftermarket drive shafts and the like would be an issue.

Not saying any of the ones brought up so far have those on there, just wanting to clarify.

From what I have seen, only one of them that trapped 124 was full weight, which is F8LBITE.

Musclefan21 trapped 123 full weight, but not 124.

Users who are viewing this thread