Pullied cobra vs 460 rwhp H/C/I ls1 camaro

BayareaSS

Established Member
Well, with stock ls1 heads your bro's car should be in the 118mph range... with heads in can go to about 120-122mph.

With a 100shot, cam only with full race weight he should give you a sick run, if it's working that is!
If an ms3 car makes the correct amount of power it should trap around 120 cam only. Every car is so much different. I know my car Cam only with spray would make a pullied cobra look like it wasn't racing. It would take a twin screw cobra to run with/or pull me. There are definitely some dogs out there on both sides.

corysmach1

Established Member
If an ms3 car makes the correct amount of power it should trap around 120 cam only. Every car is so much different. I know my car Cam only with spray would make a pullied cobra look like it wasn't racing. It would take a twin screw cobra to run with/or pull me. There are definitely some dogs out there on both sides.

Yes I agree there are gonna be slow and fast cars with the exzact same setup.....crazy how it works. Before i bought my cobra I made fun of how slow they were all the time....my mach on spray beat ported and pulliied cobras with ease. But I bought mine cuz it was clean and rare and looked good.....it just happened to be a strong runner. I remember when I made a "prediction thread" of who would win between me and my bro when he was a full bolt on LS-1 with a 100 shot. Out of 13 pages 1 Person said I would win. I won everytime but yes they were close. :beer:

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member

I agree. Even the best running pullied cobra wouldn't stand a chance.

My bro has an MS3 with full bolt ons. He bangs gears at 6800. I walked him hard (5 cars) he has a 100 shot but since the cam install we cant get it to work.

That's crazy but dope at the same time lol

Yes anything can happen on the street....I mean I barely beat an F-Body that made 440rwhp but it had 4:10s and went 11.30 at 122...but yet I have beat H/C vettes that trap 124....there is to many variables on the street. Driver,tire,gear,air,roll and thats why I love it.

That's why i always say street racing is such a mystery lol. It's funny as hell people getting all worked up over it when they weren't even involved in the race lmao.:lol1:

Yes I agree there are gonna be slow and fast cars with the exzact same setup.....crazy how it works. Before i bought my cobra I made fun of how slow they were all the time....my mach on spray beat ported and pulliied cobras with ease. But I bought mine cuz it was clean and rare and looked good.....it just happened to be a strong runner. I remember when I made a "prediction thread" of who would win between me and my bro when he was a full bolt on LS-1 with a 100 shot. Out of 13 pages 1 Person said I would win. I won everytime but yes they were close. :beer:

Before i pullied my cobra i thought the highest trap from a pullied cobra would be 117ish. I used to see them trap 113-115 all day at our loca dragstrips. I'm glad i pullied my car though becuase it goes to show a properly running/driven car can be a whole different beast then some of the other cars with the same mods.:coolman:

SSmokinn SS

Established Member

exactly....

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I have beat ALOT of cars on the streets that are faster then me on paper....1/4 mile wise and trap speeds....

I seriously have about 15-20 videos on you tube of me beating cars on the streets that have ran/trapped higher then me at the track.

my whole point to it was clearly the guys over exaggerated 460rwhp numbers....maybe even his mods. It might have been a cam only car for all you know.

a 460rwhp f-body shouldnt lose to a pullied cobra...thats what Im saying....

Jesus dude stop trying so hard to contradict yourself. It makes you sound like a tool. "oh I beat like 15-20 cars that are faster than me" then same page "2sick4valves that camaro should of beat he must be lying about his numbers."
I guess you must be the only one beating faster cars. STFU and stop gaying up the op's thread with your whining.

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
Jesus dude stop trying so hard to contradict yourself. It makes you sound like a tool. "oh I beat like 15-20 cars that are faster than me" then same page "2sick4valves that camaro should of beat he must be lying about his numbers."
I guess you must be the only one beating faster cars. STFU and stop gaying up the op's thread with your whining.

He's been doing it for a while now. It's all good lol. I wish he lived closer so i could show him my nicely washed back bumper.:burnout::coolman::dancenana:

SSmokinn SS

Established Member
He's been doing it for a while now. It's all good lol. I wish he lived closer so i could show him my nicely washed back bumper.:burnout::coolman::dancenana:

yah, but we dont

and I highly doubt I would be the one looking at your bumper on the bottle...

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
yah, but we dont

and I highly doubt I would be the one looking at your bumper on the bottle...

I know it will be a drivers race lmao. How sad. A pullied cobra loses to a h/c sprayed ls1 by a fender lmao.:??: Don't trip bro we can't all have cars that run on par. I feel sorry for the cobra's in your area.

SSmokinn SS

Established Member
I know it will be a drivers race lmao. How sad. A pullied cobra loses to a h/c sprayed ls1 by a fender lmao.:??: Don't trip bro we can't all have cars that run on par. I feel sorry for the cobra's in your area.

im doing fine driving my car...not bad for driving a standard car for only a year...first standard car I ever owned. Bought it, drove it myself.

also, where are you getting this Head mod from? My car is cam only bro. STOCK 241 heads. STOCK ls6 intake manifold, STOCK pullies. Just a cam and full exhaust with a little juice through a 4.10, 10 bolt rear end.
check thread...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...04271-400-whp-hondas-500-whp-ls6-ss-more.html

integra in this video I molested just ran a 11.3 @ 125...

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Phdk7HTV5k"]YouTube- Me vs SSMOKINSS.wmv[/nomedia]

Last edited:

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Another thing I don't get is how a pullied cobra is grouped up as one car that should run pretty much the same. Assuming equal drivers, a 3.1 upper only with a K&N drop in is going to get raped by a 2.8-2.65 upper only with a good cold air/midpipe/catback/proper tune.

Last edited:

SSmokinn SS

Established Member
Another thing I don't get is how a pullied cobra is grouped up as one car that should run pretty much the same. Assuming equal drivers, a 3.1 upper only with a K&N drop in is going to get raped by a 2.8-2.65 upper only with a good cold air/midpipe/catback/proper tune.

the two I ran were both 2.65's upper only with intake, exhaust and dyno tune.

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
the two I ran were both 2.65's upper only with intake, exhaust and dyno tune.

Dude, every car runs different. Its not that big of a deal... On a side note I believe he lost to a cam only LS1 not long ago if that makes you feel better

Last edited:

SSmokinn SS

Established Member
Dude, every car runs different. Its not that big of a deal... On a side note I believe he lost to a cam only LS1 not long ago if that makes you feel better

I know every car runs different..I was just stating the mods these cobra's had..

Lost to a cam only ls1? O'rly??? This is a little Ironic...

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member

Who Jesus? Yea he beat me by maybe a half car and that's with me spinning a lot but a loss is a loss. The good thing is his car is a beast and trapped 124 mph so i'm ok with ending a half car back. Looks like my pullied cobra is still a dope running car. We might run again but he might have 40-50 more hp when it's done and maybe some spray so i won't be able to run with that.

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
Who Jesus? Yea he beat me by maybe a half car and that's with me spinning a lot but a loss is a loss. The good thing is his car is a beast and trapped 124 mph so i'm ok with ending a half car back. Looks like my pullied cobra is still a dope running car. We might run again but he might have 40-50 more hp when it's done and maybe some spray so i won't be able to run with that.

Yeah, his car is definitely quick. Shit, just add a twin screw and VOILA!!

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
You know the 2.65 upper usually slips like crazy, that's probably why you won.

Who do I sound like?

Also a 2.65 pulley is damn near overspinning the hell out of the blower unless it's ported. But that doesn't matter because no matter what a cobra CAN'T beat a camaro lmao.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread