Pullied cobra vs 460 rwhp H/C/I ls1 camaro

NA_Cobra

Established Member
Apparently y'all completely missed the point...

EDIT: Wait... $3500.00 for ported STOCK heads?? This is the same Cartek that ****ed some guy on a build by charging him for parts that never saw the inside of the block? For that kind of money, I would rather go to WCCH or Ai (Advanced Induction) to drop that kind of coin on ported heads, ESPECIALLY ls1/6 heads. For that coin, you can easily get a set of ported L92's (with the required 4.0 bore bottom-end) and piece the rest of the build for a set of Cartek (OOOOooohhhh!!! AAAaaaahhhh!!! Shinny.. hehehe...) ported ls1/6 heads. That's ****ing unbelievable.... hell, LS7-LSX heads PORTED cost less than that and they're a 6-bolt application!! WOW.

Cartek's ported LS6 heads/cam package has gone a best of 133mph on a stock bottom 346ci C5Z. You can't fit L92s on a 346ci. But for a 346ci, if you have the factory 3.42s, TFS/AFRs are the way to go. If you have 3.90/4.10s, Cartek ported LS6 heads are the way to go. The fastest times in the country with 346cids are coming from meticulously ported stock heads, which is not cheap by any means.

Last edited:

NA_Cobra

Established Member
There are two different "crate ls6's" you can get

1 is a Full LS6 long block...LS6 oil pump,243 heads etc..

the other is just the LS6 BLOCK, with ls1 internals. The LS6 BLOCK is what I have. The heads said 241. You can look it up if you want. This was very common in 01-02 F-bodys, however, this motor I had put in, its no longer the factory motor.

also, BTW, The 4.10's actually slowed me down with the ms3 compared to my stock 3.42's.

Thats rare because MS3s love gear, nitrous and compression.

obZidian

Established Member
Cartek's ported LS6 heads/cam package has gone a best of 133mph on a stock bottom 346ci C5Z. You can't fit L92s on a 346ci. But for a 346ci, if you have the factory 3.42s, TFS/AFRs are the way to go. If you have 3.90/4.10s, Cartek ported LS6 heads are the way to go. The fastest times in the country with 346cids are coming from meticulously ported stock heads, which is not cheap by any means.

Still don't see where a port job on a set of ls1/6 is going to cost more than a set of AFR's or trickflows.

Would this be there solid roller car? You have a link to this run? Rob's car from anger management?

I guess 133mph is enough to price gouge on a set of ported ls1/6 heads. That's unreal.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
Still don't see where a port job on a set of ls1/6 is going to cost more than a set of AFR's or trickflows.

Would this be there solid roller car? You have a link to this run? Rob's car from anger management?

I guess 133mph is enough to price gouge on a set of ported ls1/6 heads. That's unreal.

I'm sure you've heard the term box stock AFRs and Mamofied AFRs, same applies for stock ported heads. You can setup a CNC machine to port a head and the cost remains reasonable because it's labor friendly. But afterwards when you want more work performed on the heads such as pocket porting and bowl blending, it requires more attention and detail. In other words, man hours, which drives the cost up.

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
I'm sure you've heard the term box stock AFRs and Mamofied AFRs, same applies for stock ported heads. You can setup a CNC machine to port a head and the cost remains reasonable because it's labor friendly. But afterwards when you want more work performed on the heads such as pocket porting and bowl blending, it requires more attention and detail. In other words, man hours, which drives the cost up.

How much more power could a set of afr's see by getting ported by Mamo? Is it worth the extra money?

NA_Cobra

Established Member
How much more power could a set of afr's see by getting ported by Mamo? Is it worth the extra money?

10 peak rwhp is not worth the extra money to me, but it's for those who want to get every last ounce of power out of their setup and don't want to leave anything on the table. It's about $800+ for the extra work to the heads.

Last edited:

BayareaSS

Established Member
10 peak rwhp is not worth the extra money to me, but it's for those who want to get every last ounce of power out of their setup and don't want to leave anything on the table. It's about $800+ for the extra work to the heads.

I agree, $1,000 more for Mamo to hand work the heads is A huge waste. It's never that serious lol

Last edited:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
the other is just the LS6 BLOCK, with ls1 internals. The LS6 BLOCK is what I have. The heads said 241. You can look it up if you want. This was very common in 01-02 F-bodys, however, this motor I had put in, its no longer the factory motor.

Confirming my 2001 has 241 heads, ls6 intake.

A small percentage had LS6 blocks from the factory as well (mine did not).:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread