Purchasing a Lemon-Buyback 2018 GT350

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
$44k lmaoooooooooooooooooooooo!!

Car is high miles as it is and oh by the way... has been in an accident and has a lemon buy-back branded title.

There is definitley a sucker out there id imagine, but dam. I wouldnt pay over $30k for that turd.

EDIT: Just realized they are asking $52k !! AHahahahahahahahahahaha,

ahahahahahahahahahahahah

Jesus. And you offered $44??? Come on man!! Those idiots should have IMMEDIATELY taken your money.

fearthesnake

Established Member
$44k lmaoooooooooooooooooooooo!!

Car is high miles as it is and oh by the way... has been in an accident and has a lemon buy-back branded title.

There is definitley a sucker out there id imagine, but dam. I wouldnt pay over $30k for that turd.

EDIT: Just realized they are asking $52k !! AHahahahahahahahahahaha,

ahahahahahahahahahahahah

Jesus. And you offered $44??? Come on man!! Those idiots should have IMMEDIATELY taken your money.
I've only seen 1 dealer offer less on a Lemon buyback with about similar miles for a 2017 at $40,900. Probably dealt with about 20 or so.

I'd jump on a 2018 low mileage Leadfoot Grey or Orange Fury in a minute for $40K.

Cobra*03

Established Member
I feel the $52K is on the mid to high side for a clean used GT350 at this time. Unless extremely low mileage. There are probably some 2019 and 2020 available new still that would not be much more expensive. The buy back issues have kept me out of the 2017 and 2018 GT350s. Even if it wasn't a buy back, I still have that nagging thought of "Has it just not had issues, yet. Like others said before, if you are not sure you want this car to keep forever, then you have to weigh how much you are willing to lose in the short term. For me, $50K plus rims and tires is too high for that condition car. I have dealt with that dealership before and got a good deal for what I got, and was extremely happy. I also had to walk away from that dealer on another vehicle, once similar items started coming to light. I was/am still satisfied with the dealership overall.

fearthesnake

Established Member
I feel the $52K is on the mid to high side for a clean used GT350 at this time. Unless extremely low mileage. There are probably some 2019 and 2020 available new still that would not be much more expensive. The buy back issues have kept me out of the 2017 and 2018 GT350s. Even if it wasn't a buy back, I still have that nagging thought of "Has it just not had issues, yet. Like others said before, if you are not sure you want this car to keep forever, then you have to weigh how much you are willing to lose in the short term. For me, $50K plus rims and tires is too high for that condition car. I have dealt with that dealership before and got a good deal for what I got, and was extremely happy. I also had to walk away from that dealer on another vehicle, once similar items started coming to light. I was/am still satisfied with the dealership overall.
Thank you for the feedback and you are spot on. What company/Owners bought all those Dealers there on Laurens road? I don't think it's Local anymore.

This was my reasoning for trying to get the car at $44K or below. I love the Leadfoot Gray which started in '18. I believe the Longblock replacement is a 2020 Engine, couple that with an extended Premium Care warranty and you are getting a pretty good security blanket on an 18 that you otherwise wouldn't get buying another 2018 model that you don't know if it has engine problems or not. Plus it's coming up on the expiration of the original manufacturer warranty.

Anyway, the Dealership bailed on the car when they found out the history and now the expensive Rim replacement. Which I can see their reasoning now. BTW - does anyone know how much the Stock Rims are to purchase?

Users who are viewing this thread