Putting it back together after 3 years. Missing hardware

inukiller5

Established Member
Grassy Creek, North Carolina, United States
So 3 years ago I lost oil pressure in my cobra. Not 5 months after having cams, head work and a 9500 bill of work done. Lost the cams, pistons, bearings. Took me three years of savings and other things to have the motor fully built. New cams, new pistons all ARP Hardware. Anyway to the point of the topic. Just giving a backstory

I had to move the hardware and harness and trans and all about 3 times during my 3 year span of my car being a lawn ornament. Along the way, probably during moving. I lost some of the mounting hardware I needed. And it’s some pretty important stuff. Just ordered a motor mount bolt kit and transmission crossmember bolts and I got flywheel bolts and transmission bolts from a buddy

I’m going to need the lower intake to the head mounting bolts. M6x1.00 35mm I believe? Am I correct on that

I have looked through the service manual. But I can not find the bolt sizes for different things. I don’t wanna buy from ford and wait weeks to get everything. I have a buddy who works at a hardware store and can get bolts cheaper lol.

I need to figure out the bolt sizes for
Oil cooler to the block
AC compressor to the block
Power steering pump to the block

I also have to get a new dipstick tube and dipstick. But I have someone looking into that for me.

Such a pain. I was so close to install too . Feel like an idiot lol

Anyone know these sizes? Or any idea where I can pick these up? I’m in NC

d1af6950eaf4e63b48ef6bfae03139d1.jpg

384cf15a7f466ee9eab7eeaaa8be8efb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lloyd393

Squid missile
Established Member
So 3 years ago I lost oil pressure in my cobra. Not 5 months after having cams, head work and a 9500 bill of work done. Lost the cams, pistons, bearings. Took me three years of savings and other things to have the motor fully built. New cams, new pistons all ARP Hardware. Anyway to the point of the topic. Just giving a backstory

I had to move the hardware and harness and trans and all about 3 times during my 3 year span of my car being a lawn ornament. Along the way, probably during moving. I lost some of the mounting hardware I needed. And it’s some pretty important stuff. Just ordered a motor mount bolt kit and transmission crossmember bolts and I got flywheel bolts and transmission bolts from a buddy

I’m going to need the lower intake to the head mounting bolts. M6x1.00 35mm I believe? Am I correct on that

I have looked through the service manual. But I can not find the bolt sizes for different things. I don’t wanna buy from ford and wait weeks to get everything. I have a buddy who works at a hardware store and can get bolts cheaper lol.

I need to figure out the bolt sizes for
Oil cooler to the block
AC compressor to the block
Power steering pump to the block

I also have to get a new dipstick tube and dipstick. But I have someone looking into that for me.

Such a pain. I was so close to install too . Feel like an idiot lol

Anyone know these sizes? Or any idea where I can pick these up? I’m in NC

View attachment 1649464
View attachment 1649465

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have extra AC compressor and oil cooler bolts I can send out to you, just pay shipping.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
If you go on the Ford database through Tousley or the like and look up the major component you're trying to attach there is usually a diagram showing the fasteners too and there Ford ref numbers. A lot are still available, I like the ford stuff. If not you can put that part number in a Google search on "(part number) site:svtperformance.com" and most of the thread pitch and lengths have been posted before. Wanted to replace a lot of my old shit last time I had my engine apart and like 90% of this has been covered on here over the years.

BJCobra99

Established Member
MMR online has the lower intake bolts for 40 bucks. Cheaper than eBay oem new package I see at 90 bucks for 10 bolts.

Users who are viewing this thread