Pypes Catted X-Pipe

Maverick-4

Established Member
Did any one have any issues installing the XFM36 Pypes Catted X-Pipe, for some reason several websites say its not compatible with the 2004 cobra?

phreak

Hmm, that's odd. Nope, did not use any 02 extensions. I temporarily replaced my Bassani x-pipe (catted) with the Pypes XFM36 (o/r).

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Mid pipes from 96-04 will all fit. The mid pipe on my car has been on my 98 GT, 01 Cobra, and now my 04. The only "issue" was on this one the front O2 bungs are on the bottom of the pipe. Which a set of extensions took care of easily. And for 04 Ford moved the rear O2 position forward on the stock pipes. So usually a set of extensions is needed to get the plugs to reach the rear O2 sensor bungs on aftermarket pipes.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Based on what the others said, I tried a set of hfm36 (H-pipe version) an they fit fine. Had to buy qty 4, 3/8 3" long bolts an nuts & washers to hook to cat back. Everything fit but the drivers side a inner seal sleeve is given to seal the ball flange. Because of 2.25 oem Dia pipe. This was to much of a flare. I had to trim some off flare an it sealed great.
The 02 sensor reach was fine. I'm Putting the cat pipe back on, too loud for the vert.

Strange... I had called the company, they said they wouldn't fit! Also said they now quit making OR pipes. Do to government regulations. Any found are just old stock out there.
I'm guessing the other companies will also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread