• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Pypes X pipe

Discussion in 'Exhaust' started by 03_DSG_Cobra, Jul 18, 2012.

1. 03_DSG_Cobra

03_DSG_Cobra New Member Established Member

Hello,

I have a pypes x pipe and was wondering if anyone knows how to get it to fit a '03 Cobra. I bought because all of the websites have conflicting info and some say it will fit and some say it fits the GT only. I called Pypes and they said it wont fit because of a small clearance issue. Does anyone know how to get around that to make it fit on a cobra? I think im going to take it to a muffler shop and see if they can get it to fit but i dont want them just hacking it up and losing all the smooth bends and what not or just throwing it on and the thing not fitting properly. Thanks for the help!

2. koffebean00

koffebean00 New Member Established Member

Sell it and buy a UPR. My Pypes o/r X fit like shit, hung down way too low, and tweaked the catback bad. I took it off after a week and sold it. Bought a UPR and all my issues were solved. I'm sure a muffler shop can hack it to make it fit though. G'luck

3. anthonyg

anthonyg Member Established Member

I had the pypes off road x pipe. It hung real low. Took it off and installed a Mac off raid h. Didn't like the sound put the x back on till I buy a new one. Prob going with the UPR off road x.

4. 03_DSG_Cobra

03_DSG_Cobra New Member Established Member

Thanks. yeah im def getting rid of it, trying anywayz..lol. i think im gonna go with bbk and run the pypes cats tho