Q & A Session... - Ask a Ford Dealer

jean

Established Member
curious what happened with 2 months of production halted?
some of 2021 models are going to be push back?

Dusten

Established Member
If warranty work was done, any way to tell hours billed? Curious what my mustangs bill would've been

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Can a title be reversed? Question came up on a tremor:
“Hello, I have a quick question and need a little advice.....

I found a tremor I am seriously considering and it turns out that it was sold, the owner picked it up, put about 300 miles on it, decided they wanted a diesel, turned it back in and ordered a diesel (allegedly). The dealership said from fords perspective it is a new truck but more than likely it will show me as the second owner from a dmv/records perspective (such as carfax). Dealership said warranty starts when I buy it. Is this something I should be concerned with? Never seen or heard of this before and don’t want to buy a new “used” truck.

Thanks in advance.”

Is this a new or used truck? Would he be first or second owner in the records?

SHOdown220

Established Member
Can a title be reversed? Question came up on a tremor:
“Hello, I have a quick question and need a little advice.....

I found a tremor I am seriously considering and it turns out that it was sold, the owner picked it up, put about 300 miles on it, decided they wanted a diesel, turned it back in and ordered a diesel (allegedly). The dealership said from fords perspective it is a new truck but more than likely it will show me as the second owner from a dmv/records perspective (such as carfax). Dealership said warranty starts when I buy it. Is this something I should be concerned with? Never seen or heard of this before and don’t want to buy a new “used” truck.

Thanks in advance.”

Is this a new or used truck? Would he be first or second owner in the records?

Nick would know better than I but I think it would depend on if the deal was actually complete before he returned it. Dealers will let customer leave assuming the financing will go through and then finish the deal the next day or following business day. Say he bought friday evening then monday morning turned it back in they may not have processsed the deal. A quick VIN check should show in OASIS if the vehicle has a delivery date, if it does the warranty would have started on that date.

I'm sure @13COBRA will chime in soon enough

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If first owner registered it, he would be the 2nd owner. If he didn't, he could be the first but the dealership would.have to reverse the sale and buy the contract back.

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
If first owner registered it, he would be the 2nd owner. If he didn't, he could be the first but the dealership would.have to reverse the sale and buy the contract back.

Doesn’t registration take place at purchase? In ca the dealers sends the registration to the dmv. The buyer has to do nothing.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Doesn’t registration take place at purchase? In ca the dealers sends the registration to the dmv. The buyer has to do nothing.
Some states do, others do not.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Some states do, others do not.

So once registered there is nothing one can do. It would not be like a dealer demo.

Thanks

What carfax said:
So I pulled the carfax on the vehicle, it shows that it was sold on 6/16/2020, steering was serviced same day at a dealership about 115 miles away and now it is back at the original dealership with about 350 miles on it.....not sure what is going on with it.

kaz109

Established Member
If you have a shelby car Or truck do you cover warranty issues or do they have to go through Shelby

Established Member
The have left over fusions up here in Illinois that are advertised 9-10K off for the s, se, sel, and up to 12K off for the titanium. Of course I called for an out the door price on one advertised at 20K and it magically became 27.5K. Was thinking about picking one up for the kids, but not at 27. I know they discontinued the fusion, but is there any lingering issues, like I have with my 2013 Focus titanium trans? I see the Titanium has the 2.0, which I would assume is the better engine.
BTW, thanks for taking on this section.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you have a shelby car Or truck do you cover warranty issues or do they have to go through Shelby
A Ford dealership would cover it.
The have left over fusions up here in Illinois that are advertised 9-10K off for the s, se, sel, and up to 12K off for the titanium. Of course I called for an out the door price on one advertised at 20K and it magically became 27.5K. Was thinking about picking one up for the kids, but not at 27. I know they discontinued the fusion, but is there any lingering issues, like I have with my 2013 Focus titanium trans? I see the Titanium has the 2.0, which I would assume is the better engine.
BTW, thanks for taking on this section.
That dealer may have extra rebates or discounts factored in to their online price that you don't qualify for, or they have horrendous fees.

The 2.0L is a strong motor if it is a "good" one. We've had to replace A LOT of them.

Sent from my Potato

Users who are viewing this thread