QA1 Double Adjustable Shocks Drag Racing Suspension Settings

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
I am having QA1 Double Adjustable Shocks put on in the rear of the Shelby tomorrow, along with QA1 springs. This will be my first time ever having an adjustable shock, and my front suspension will remain stock for now.

I searched the forum tonight, but oddly, it doesn't seem like the search feature picks up "QA1." I have run across a few posts tonight about different compression and rebound settings, but nothing consistent. Probably has something to do with every car being different.

I have seen discussions of running 2 clicks of of full compression on a Strange double adjustable shock, and 3 clicks of of stiff on rebound. Also seen another talk about 4 on compression and 7 on rebound for the DA QA1's, and so on...

Does anyone have any tips for the initial settings on these QA1 DA shocks on a 4,000 pound car? There are over 300 potential combinations, with 18 adjustments available for rebound and 18 adjustments for compression. My 60 foots on stock shocks were in the low to mid 1.6's (with my best every being a 1.589), and I want to get into the 1.4 range on a consistent basis.

What settings should I start out with, and depending on the results on the first run, which mild tweaks and directions should I be adjusting the rebound and compression settings on the shocks?

Any help would be appreciated :)

Last edited:

Van@RevanRacing

I am having QA1 Double Adjustable Shocks put on in the rear of the Shelby tomorrow, along with QA1 springs. This will be my first time ever having an adjustable shock, and my front suspension will remain stock for now.

I searched the forum tonight, but oddly, it doesn't seem like the search feature picks up "QA1." I have run across a few posts tonight about different compression and rebound settings, but nothing consistent. Probably has something to do with every car being different.

I have seen discussions of running 2 clicks of of full compression on a Strange double adjustable shock, and 3 clicks of of stiff on rebound. Also seen another talk about 4 on compression and 7 on rebound for the DA QA1's, and so on...

Does anyone have any tips for the initial settings on these QA1 DA shocks on a 4,000 pound car? There are over 300 potential combinations, with 18 adjustments available for rebound and 18 adjustments for compression. My 60 foots on stock shocks were in the low to mid 1.6's (with my best every being a 1.589), and I want to get into the 1.4 range on a consistent basis.

What settings should I start out with, and depending on the results on the first run, which mild tweaks and directions should I be adjusting the rebound and compression settings on the shocks?

Any help would be appreciated :)

Start out with 5 Compression and 9 Rebound and try dialing it in from there.

Van

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
Thanks for the info Van. If nothing else, my car's stance looks a lot better. Before, the rear end was way up in no-man's land. Now, my car appears much more level.

Van@RevanRacing

9's here I come! (crossed fingers)

I'll let you know how it goes!!

Thanks

Remember to take video of the launches. We are still tuning. Watch that right front wheel too. Might see some air on the launch.

Most important part. Enjoy what you are doing and have fun. That's why we do this.

Van

Users who are viewing this thread