Quadrant Clicking noise

RGrossman

Established Member
I cannot locate the issue. I installed the Fiore microclick adjuster and quadrant months ago when spec 3 was installed. It recently started making a clicking sound when the pedal is pressed down. Seems to be from the quadrant area. Anyone else have this sound? Doesn't effect anything, car drives fine and it doesn't always make the sound.

SpectorV

Established Member
see if its loose on the poles its slide on of it its shifted right/left so its off center with the clutch cable (which can cause the cable to get cut some over time)

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Yea I'd pull it and check your cable just incase, I've seen plenty of snapped clutch cables that made clicking sounds!

Evan5469

Established Member
I have the same quadrant and firewall adjuster and mine clicks as well exactly like you're describing. I'd better check mine out as well. I'll report back after I do.

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
I like to shim the quadrant so it is centered directly in line where the cable comes through the firewall. If the quadrant is off center, the cable can ride up on the ridge rather than going smoothly into the channel. Then, as the pressure increases, the cable is forced down into the channel causing the clicking sound. If you allow this to continue, the chafing will cause the cable to fray and eventually break. 1/2" washers from the hardware store will fix this. Some use rubber washers from the plumbing section. I like to get different washers (thickness) then mix and match until I find the right combo on both sides of the quadrant.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
I have the same issue. I had a quadrant UPR Triple hook installed. It's been clicking every 1/10 times. It's terrible. I can't fit under the dash to see what the hell is going on.
Subscribing.
I guess I'll take the seat out to look, but I hate to do that...

Users who are viewing this thread