Quest for 10's

FL Skydiver

Established Member
Well, I was at the track today and had transmission lock out on 3 out of 4 runs. I did make my quickest run yet 11.04 @ 126mph with a 1.60 sixt foot. I have had several 1.5 sixt foot times but I usually get locked out and miss a gear more often than not.

I have a new in the box Spec Stage 3 clutch that I picked up for $200 sitting on my bench. I also ordered a Calimer Stage 1 MT82 (current MT82 just started grinding 5th and 6th) that should be here in a month or so, a steel braided clutch line and an MGW X-spec shifter that should be here this week. So I am expecting better things soon.

I also have a set of billet oil pump gear and crank sprocket sitting on the bench. Once those are in a WOT box will be along soon. I just need some time to install all that stuff. Working alone on jack stands makes for quite a project but nothing I haven't done before on past cars.
IMG_3637.jpg

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Solid! That trans and clutch are going to transform the way the car drives and shifts. You'll love it.

Great video!

Five-o-Joe

Established Member
So close wish I could've made it

Congratulations on the new best, and great video.

Next time out, I'd suggest modifying your burnout......I.e., don't let the tires grab at the end of your burnout. Try pushing the clutch in before they grab exiting the water box.

Good luck getting 10s....rooting for you...

FL Skydiver

Established Member
No tubes. I drive to and from the track (45min) each way at highway speeds on 30 psi. I lower the pressure to 17-18 psi for racing.

FL Skydiver

Established Member
Not really sure the the weight. Its all stock except for the Race Star wheels which are lighter. I weight 200 pounds, so I am guessing with me in it, its probably 3700-3800 ish?

FL Skydiver

Established Member
You’d be surprised how heavy those stock 20” Roush wheels are! I just sold all four today and those things are much heavier than the Race Stars.

john11gt

Established Member
Nice, that’s a big difference. What did you change?

Are you still on stock suspension? Out of all the recommendations I’m disappointed that no one said to get the suspension to work right.

I was cutting 1.58 60’ times with my tune and x pipe ‘11 gt. If you worked on your 60’, you could have 9s no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread