Question About E-85 Mileage Range

helloWorld

Established Member
Do you guys think that I will be able to make 200 miles on a full tank of E-85 with the coyote? All highway driving, going to be 70 and 75 mph this trip.

hitmix300

Established Member
Sure if you stay out of the pedal haha. Before I started doing big upgrades I usually got 250 on e85

clc44

Established Member
Op, sorry but do you have an exhaust clip???

I hear 15-18 hwy on good days. 10-12 driving around town.

evil281

Established Member
I seem to average 11mpg 50/50 freeway/street. I don't think I can go a full tank without punching it at least a few times though.

Turd Fergusen

Established Member
200mi might be a stretch. Don't think I would make 200, my gas light comes on at 1/3 tank

DaBigBone

Established Member
Buy a 5 gallon can, fill it up, strap it down in the trunk. That way if you start to get close to running out you won't get stranded.

helloWorld

Established Member
Thanks guys for the response. Fortunately, I do have a flex fuel tune, so I can't be too worried.

@clc44, I don't have an exhaust clip how it sits right now. I might be able to get one this weekend.

helloWorld

Established Member
Perfect! Thanks.. How does the flex fuel tune work??

My flex fuel tune is from Shaun at AED. It will allow me to fill up with E-85 or gasoline and the computer will automatically adjust the fueling and spark. If you run into a situation where you can't find E-85, you can fill up with gasoline and the computer will adjust accordingly. At least for the performance variant of his tune, gasoline has a max timing at around 27 degrees at WOT. E-85 has a max timing around 31 or 32 degrees at WOT. He also gives a drag version of the flex fuel tune, which is designed around E-85 only, which has max WOT timing a little higher than the performance flex fuel version.

RusWolf

Established Member
You should be able to make it.

Going 60-70 MPG and just cruising not speeding up and slowing down give me about 14-16 MPG's highway.

however you should probably just in case have extra 5 gallons in the trunk.

Users who are viewing this thread