question about injectors

lthlsnake

U like spike strips? I do
Established Member
I need some help guys. Im running on my stock injectors right now. If i went to 60lb injectors, What kind of gains would i see and how much more hp would it give? just asking thanks

LS1toSVT

Established Member
From what I understand, if your maxing out your injectors you'll need larger (60's) for safety reasons. I dont think the 60's alone will add any more power. They would allow you to run more boost, but that 2.80 + 4# lower is spinning that eaton pretty fast.

lthlsnake

Established Member
LS1toSVT said:
From what I understand, if your maxing out your injectors you'll need larger (60's) for safety reasons. I dont think the 60's alone will add any more power. They would allow you to run more boost, but that 2.80 + 4# lower is spinning that eaton pretty fast.
im making 17psi of boost made 539.1rwhp and 585.2rwtq i bet im maxing out my injectors then

SCcobra4me

ON3 U LUZ
Established Member
What does your tuner say, you will be very close yes, for the most part they say stock injectors are good to 600hp but then again, every car is different. I would check with your tuner so you don't waste $. Great numbers though, can't wait til I get there.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
based on your mods list you are probably maxxing out your stock injectors. It's not a matter of how much power you get from injectors.

Injectors are just a supporting mod, they do not yield more power, they just increase the amount of fuel that can be sprayed.

So larger injectors will prevent you from leaning out, assuming you have the tuner tune for it. You cannot change injectors and then just start that car - that would be a disaster. When tuning the car you have to chose which injector size in the parameters. If you have an XCal 2 you can change this on the fly, but you would still need some adjustments after changing injectors for WOT.

mike

lthlsnake

Established Member
Thanks guys for your info. Guess injectors will be my next mod lol. I dont know much about the xcal2 on messing with it to change for injectors, so ill prolly let the turner himself mess with it

Now what is good injectors?

LT1KILLER

dirt man
Established Member
I bought siemens deka 60 lb'ers seem to be pretty popular, you can get a set of 8 with harnesses from LFP for about 450

LS1toSVT

Established Member
LT1KILLER said:
I bought siemens deka 60 lb'ers seem to be pretty popular, you can get a set of 8 with harnesses from LFP for about 450

Thats what I'll be going with when the time is right.

greensvtcobra99

Established Member
I have seen People use a kenne bell BOOST-A-PUMP instead of going to larger injectors. Would it be ok to go that route instead of 60lb injectors? It's a hell of a lot cheaper too haha.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
The boost a pump is for increasing the workload of your FUEL PUMP, not the injectors. The boost a pump basically saves you from having to change out the pumps or entire system for a while (unless you go crazy 800+ rwhp).

Boost a pump and larger injectors work together, stock injectors can only spray so much and the boost a pump will push the stock injectors to max.

greensvtcobra99 said:
I have seen People use a kenne bell BOOST-A-PUMP instead of going to larger injectors. Would it be ok to go that route instead of 60lb injectors? It's a hell of a lot cheaper too haha.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
no, you need both usually. If you are maxxing out your injectors, you can change them and then if it's leaning out that means the fuel pump is at max load, then you need a boost a pump. 99% of the time you need both.

The boost a pump increases voltage to the fuel pumps to make them pump more fuel over stock (in rear of car)

The injectors spray the fuel into the combustion chamber (in front of car) and even if you have a boost a pump only, the injectors can max out. The more lbs the injectors are, the more fuel they can spray out at once. But if you don't have a boost a pump and you max out the fuel pumps, then the injectors won't have enough fuel to spray.

greensvtcobra99 said:
ahhhh I see! So naturally if I went with injectors I would not need a BAP?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
585 lb of torque with those mods?? That has to be some kind of record.

-Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread