Question about spare tire....

GO HOKIES!

Established Member
When I bought my 03 cobra a while back, it didn't come with a spare tire. The previous owner said the owner before him didn't tell him it didn't have a spare. He found this out later on when he looked in the trunk.
Anyways... I would like to just pick up a spare from the junkyard. Do you if other mustangs (not just 03/04) rims/tires will fit on a 03/04 just as a spare just in case I get stranded? I wanted to order a spare through ford but they said that it probably would be my best interest to save money by getting one from the junk yard.

Any ideas?????

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
The problem is you can't just pick a spare up from any mustang in the junkyard. The spares for the V6 and GT's won't clear the front brakes on the cobra.

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
My spare is worthless.. I can't get the jack under there anyways while I am on the road. I use that space for tool storage and belts...

Tractionless1

Established Member
And they are SUPER expensive. I was in the market for one when I had the Mark VIII with Cobra front and rear brakes. The lincoln LS one should fit too. The 17" spares run $300+ from Ford. I found on on ebay for just over $100.

ScareCrow

"Facts are stupid things"
Established Member
And they are SUPER expensive. I was in the market for one when I had the Mark VIII with Cobra front and rear brakes. The lincoln LS one should fit too. The 17" spares run $300+ from Ford. I found on on ebay for just over $100.

$300 !!!! Wow , how in the world does it cost that much ?

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
Does the 17" spare work when running 18" wheels? Otherwise my spare is useless...

Users who are viewing this thread