Question about the TVS option on the GT500

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
I know that it's a dealer installed option. But my question is do you still get to keep the original Eaton? With the rather hefty price tag, I would hope so.

If this is indeed the case, then it's a pretty attractive offer, considering the hike in performance and the fact that it's covered under warranty, as long as it's installed by a Ford dealer.

Leonard 95

Established Member
From what I know, they install it, you get like a 1 year warranty on it and you still keep your stock blower. I ended up selling my stock blower.

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
Cool. At least that way, you can either recoup some of your investment, or return it to factory down the road.

Thanks for the response :beer:

mullens

Established Member
I installed mine myself and kept the stocker. That 12/12 ain't worth squat. I sold the last stocker but regretted it. In case this one goes down for some reason I won't be without a car. Also, I tend to change cars rather quickly.

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
looks like ford stole that dudes blower an sold it. cause unless you buy the car brand new with the TVS added option before you even take it off the lot the stock blower is yours. now if you buy the car an the have the TVS put on then you get to keep the blower for sure

chimazo

Established Member
On the other hand, I see stock blowers go for maybe $400. I kept mine when I installed my TVS so I could put the car back to stock if I sold it.

R1Lello

Established Member
if you leave your stocker with them, sorry, you're not very bright. You paid for your car with the Eaton, the TVS is extra out of your pocket. They are trying to pull a fast one.

WydOpen

Established Member
With the TVS blower package, what are you guys seeing for rear wheel numbers? How much did you pay? Would you do it all over again or go with Whipple or KB instead?

mullens

Established Member
I haven't done my 2010 yet, but my 08 made 560/543 SAE. That was the only mod except for a VMP tune.

Last edited:

Leonard 95

Established Member
TVS is over priced IMO

Not if you find a used one they are not overpriced, I guess I got lucky cause I never seen one as low as what I paid for it. As for as the power question someone asked, I am expecting around 590-600rwhp on 91 octane tune with 2.6 pulley, cai, stock exhaust and stock t/b. The t/b and inlet are really choking the tvs, so big gains can be had. There are a few on this site close to 700rwhp with tvs and Justin at VMP had like 740rwhp with his.

Users who are viewing this thread