Question about tires

kwarnerjr

Established Member
So I had Goodyear install a set of F1 Eagle Supercar G2s on my 2013 GT500. The front two tires both say "rotation right side" and my rear tires both say "rotation left side". I noticed this and asked the guy and he claimed that it didn't matter. I'm skeptical because it seems to make little sense to put a indicating label on the tire if it "doesn't matter". Does any know if the guy is right and the rotation direction doesn't matter for these tires?
Thanks in advance.

DaveJP

Established Member
I don't think that is correct. When you look at the Tire Rack site, they list the OEM tires as four separate options to purchase Front L, Front R, Rear L, Rear R.

idaho

Established Member
So I had Goodyear install a set of F1 Eagle Supercar G2s on my 2013 GT500. The front two tires both say "rotation right side" and my rear tires both say "rotation left side". I noticed this and asked the guy and he claimed that it didn't matter. I'm skeptical because it seems to make little sense to put a indicating label on the tire if it "doesn't matter". Does any know if the guy is right and the rotation direction doesn't matter for these tires?
Thanks in advance.

My understanding is that incorrectly-mounted directional tires can hydroplane if driven on wet roads (may not channel water correctly). Plus, they weren't designed or tested to run backwards, so I don't think anyone can say for sure that they are safe to use in any other conditions either.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
(In my best Donald Trump voice) Wrong!

They need to fix that ASAP.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
If it doesn't matter... put the correct ****ing tires on the car. Those things have a very specific tread pattern. Get that dude fired, he's either knowingly lying or to stupid to work at a tire store.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Take it back, you got a second chance to replace those junk tires!
Seriously though, unless you use your car to run hot laps on a track, there are MANY better tire options.
Those tires were chosen for Ford to have good lap times for magazines. How many here use their Shelby primarily for open track use?
If you don't, upgrade and enjoy a safer, more fun ride.
-J

zsommer79

Established Member
Well I can tell you that it is pretty much impossible to find a driver side front tire that isn't almost 5 years old. The last batch of tires made were the 35 week of 13 but the newest I could find was made early 2012. If you can I would get my money back and go somewhere else.

railroad

Established Member
I have the full set of Goodyears off my 13 Shelby. They have 3K miles on them. I would make someone a great deal on them if they could pick them up. I am too busy to deal with shipping. No scuffs, not plugs, no boots.
They do much better with BMR suspension on the car.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks in advance.

After reading this, I'm pretty sure you are safe for dry road conditions and left turns only.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Actually, there are more right hand turns at the Nurburgring, so I'm confirming that the stock GYs don't suck at everything.....

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Jesus.... yes, it matters! Make sure they have the right sizes front and back and get the correct side tire for the correct side. Tires are unilateral.

Users who are viewing this thread