Question about why it costs more to attend traffic school when the money doesn't go to said school.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Got a ticket in my Viper, was going well over 45mph (he put down that I did 55mph, 10 over).

I'm fine with paying the ticket and want to do traffic school.
I go to the website to pay online and the website says the fee to take traffic school is $290.
To pay for the citation only and not traffic school is $238.
The extra $52 you paid for traffic school does not go to said traffic school and you will still have to pay for traffic school registration!

What are my options here? I'm thinking I should just pay the $290 and whatever traffic school costs. OR I can pay the citation only and attend traffic school on my own.

Zemedici

Established Member
do you HAVE to attend the traffic school for one ticket?

If not, why not just pay the ticket? we're grown, and traffic school is for 15 year olds

Zemedici

Established Member
Ohhhhhh - see we don’t have that here, I bet I had 5-10 14mph over tickets on my record at one point. Unless it’s 15+ over no points

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
I would just pay it and go to traffic school. The $40 difference is definitely worth it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
As someone that has attended traffic court quite a bit (as a professional and a violator), it's an administrative but optional fee given at the discretion of the traffic judge/commissioner.

52 bucks now, vs. the amount you would likely pay for insurance over the course of 18 months (till that ticket falls off your record here in CA) is well worth it.

I don't like the fact people have to pay to have the option PLUS the amount to attend traffic school, but that 1 point here in CA can be the difference of hundreds of dollars over time.

Users who are viewing this thread