Question from May MMFF Issue Page 75

cobrapete03'

Sonic Blue Intimidator
Established Member
Question from May MMFF Issue Page 71

In the article, Norma's Driver, page 71, when they say "...Motorcraft plugs are used to keep the '03 firing on all eight" they are referring to the Motorcraft Copper Core plugs rather than the stock platinum plugs, correct? Thanks

Sorry, I screwed up, its on Page 71.

-pete:coolman:

Last edited:

cobrapete03'

Sonic Blue Intimidator
Established Member
I'm hoping to save myself a long distance call if someone here knows...Years ago I talked with Rick Anderson of Anderson Motorsports, he swears up and down that the best performing and most consistent dyno numbers all come from Motorsport Copper core plugs in boosted applications.

cobrapete03'

Sonic Blue Intimidator
Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
You still looking for plugs Pete?

Whats up dan?:D ...Yeah I bought the IT22s and as some here have warned me, they foul after about 4-5 minutes at idle...That could be a problem in stop and go traffic, unless I want to stab the gass every now and again...Dont get we wrong, once I'm in boost these plugs are awesome, its just that where I live I have to deal with a lot of stop and go's...Its turning into the Bay Area over here too. :fm:

Juiced-03

Established Member
Ya stop and go is a real pain here in EDH, especially on Sunrise Blvd towards highway 50. But man I have some Autolite 103 that misfired like crazy, then I regapped them according to 03DOHC specs and they work like a champ now! They are cheaper than the NGK's and I think they are a bit smoother as well! Might be worth a shot for 10 bucks!

cobrapete03'

Sonic Blue Intimidator
Established Member
Really, i too tried the same Autolites with a couple different gaps and felt that even the TR6s were a little better at curing low speed misses...the ITs definately cure that issue...I might try the Motorcraft Copper Core with my stock 22FM1 heat range equivalent and see what happens...Either that or go with the IT20s

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by cobrapete03'
Whats up dan?:D ...Yeah I bought the IT22s and as some here have warned me, they foul after about 4-5 minutes at idle...That could be a problem in stop and go traffic, unless I want to stab the gass every now and again...Dont get we wrong, once I'm in boost these plugs are awesome, its just that where I live I have to deal with a lot of stop and go's...Its turning into the Bay Area over here too. :fm:

What gap did you run on the IT22s? I drive 22 miles each way in stop and go traffic every day and the denso's were very good for me. Never had a problem. Maybe you need a hotter plug like you said?

Users who are viewing this thread