question on 97 cobra

SerpentSVT

Established Member
hey guys my buddy just bought a 97 cobra and we got to looking and we know its a true cobra because he was given the svt certificate with the vin on it and it all matches, but he's worried about if it's the original motor in it, everything looks exact except one thing, it doesnt have the svt badge on the motor, nothing at all under his hood looks tampered with and there isnt even a mark indicating whether or not there was ever one there, did all cobras have the badge? And is there anyway of telling if its the original motor or not? Thanks!

crazycarlo

Established Member
well a few things.... 1) someone could have taken the badge off the valvecover..... 2) someone could have changed the valvecovers.....3) its not the original motor.

All 96-98 cobrs came with a SVT build tag on the valvecover with the signiture of the 2 mechanics who hand built the motor.

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
Iirc the 96 and 97 has sticker decals as badges on the valve cover. My sticker on my 96 was starting to peel off. It could have just peeled off.

SerpentSVT

Established Member
That's what I was wondering lol we got to looking today and the area were there suppose to go you can scratch up some sticky residue like where a sticker was or something

Bright Blue Cob

Established Member
That's what I was wondering lol we got to looking today and the area were there suppose to go you can scratch up some sticky residue like where a sticker was or something

The 96-97 were more like paper and the 98 is a metal foil because the paper one was damaged too easily.

Users who are viewing this thread