question on sub frame connectors?

sniderboys23

Sleeper
Established Member
ok a friend of mine has a guy that can weld my sub frame connectors for my gt. now its kind of like rebuilding and upgrading at the same time. he also welds the torque box and werlds plates underneathy for you to jack up the car with. now my question is does this procedure help that much? im kind of figuring it does since his mach 1 does not have too much mods done but to the suspension it does and he takes down way faster camaro's and TA's with. just wondering some of you guys opinions thanks alot.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Full length sub-frames make a world of difference. Highly recommend and necessary if you are racing. otherwise you run the risk of cracking both the torque boxes AND the underbody

sniderboys23

Sleeper
Established Member
hmm, my friend says cars that i race now that keep up or slowly pull would not stand a chance when i get the subframe connectors?

blinelaxd27

Established Member
lol wat?? they don't make ur car faster.... they make it ride a lot more solid and handle a little better. and keep the frame from twisting under launching... ur friend is smoking crack don't let him work on ur car and put him into rehab asap

edit: yes suspension will help you outlaunch other cars but suspension is a product of a lot of components

Last edited:

Snowboarda42

PMS Damage Control Tech
Established Member
Get Maximum Motorsports Subframes, get the torque boxes welded so they don't have a chance of coming undone (factory spot welds are weak), and also have him weld your axle tubes...There's low 14 second cars that shred axle tubes because of that....

Users who are viewing this thread