Question On This Term

Action

Established Member
Hey guys,

I'm looking to get back into a cobra and came across this one on Autotrader:

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...T[MUST%7CCobra]][]]&listingId=399695664&Log=0

It's been awhile since I was in the Mustang scene and I'm not familiar with the current prices on them. I would of course to the typical PPI items, but in terms of value, does this look like a good deal? I know that KBB on a 2004 with similar miles is $17,500. Thanks and If anyone has any other 2003-2004 links, let me know!

-Ben

cj428mach

Established Member
Hey guys,

I'm looking to get back into a cobra and came across this one on Autotrader:

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...T[MUST%7CCobra]][]]&listingId=399695664&Log=0

It's been awhile since I was in the Mustang scene and I'm not familiar with the current prices on them. I would of course to the typical PPI items, but in terms of value, does this look like a good deal? I know that KBB on a 2004 with similar miles is $17,500. Thanks and If anyone has any other 2003-2004 links, let me know!

-Ben

Thats high. I'd say that car at most 18,000. If the car was closer to stock I'd say maybe more but I have a feeling that car had a big blower on it at one point, it may have been run hard. I'd personally stay away from that car.

Action

Established Member
Thats high. I'd say that car at most 18,000. If the car was closer to stock I'd say maybe more but I have a feeling that car had a big blower on it at one point, it may have been run hard. I'd personally stay away from that car.

Thanks CJ. I wouldn't be surprised on it having a larger blower at some point either. I was thinking somewhere around the $18-$20k range as well.

cj428mach

Established Member
Thanks CJ. I wouldn't be surprised on it having a larger blower at some point either. I was thinking somewhere around the $18-$20k range as well.

That car has more mods then mine did, but I bought my car about a year and a half ago from the original owner with 7474 miles on it for 24,500. Mine had a stieg ported blower, 2.93 pulley, JLT, and thats it. So I'd say you can buy a whole lot more car for that kind of money, but its all about what you want as some people find value in the mods that car as.

To me I'd run from a car with cams and headers as they only ruin driveability.

Action

Established Member
I'm the opposite, haha. I'm a sucker for cams and long tube headers. If I can get the price down I will see about picking it up. Another issue is finding a low mileage cobra in my area...most are close to 100k or at adealer that wants $30k.

cj428mach

Established Member
I'm the opposite, haha. I'm a sucker for cams and long tube headers. If I can get the price down I will see about picking it up. Another issue is finding a low mileage cobra in my area...most are close to 100k or at adealer that wants $30k.

I'd be sure you know what you're getting into, best of luck.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Looks like a nice Cobra, but you absolutely must ask questions and check it out. In order words, due diligence is your friend and protector. And, the price has to come down. Noticed it has a Posi ported Eaton. Check Mark for that. :)

Hope it works out for you.

Action

Established Member
Looks like a nice Cobra, but you absolutely must ask questions and check it out. In order words, due diligence is your friend and protector. And, the price has to come down. Noticed it has a Posi ported Eaton. Check Mark for that. :)

Hope it works out for you.

I hope it works out too, thanks for the response.

Users who are viewing this thread