• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Question regarding max power on stock bottom end

Discussion in 'SN-95 and New Edge Mustangs' started by Shouter351, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Shouter351

Shouter351 New Member

It seems to be the norm to say max safe power on a stock bottom end is 400-450ish with a good tune. Now. My Vortech v2 2v is at 382rwhp with a SAFE tune. Tuner told me there is a lot more in it. This was on a dynojet, which do read quite high. So, is this max safe level on a mustang dyno, or dyno jet? Very different numbers. A guy I know has almost an identical setup and he has been at 450ish on the same dyno for 2 years. So what is it? Dynojet or Mustang Dyno?
    894-DEDC4-1-D8-D-4-F96-B032-9244-D57-C3-A03.jpg

2. jaxbusa

jaxbusa Active Member Established Member

There is not a magical number where your engine will break. It is more a rule of thumb using 400-450 and I would assume it is using Dynojet numbers. I don’t think it really matters that much between the two dyno figures. You will find people really pushing the envelope on stock engines far beyond that, but they should know it could break at any time.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Revvv likes this.
  3. 2000GTSTANG

2000GTSTANG Well-Known Member Established Member

Im making 450whp on a stock 2v bottom end on a Dynojet. Haven't had any problems and the car gets driven like a Mustang from time-to-time lol.

4. Shouter351

Shouter351 New Member

Definitely no magic number for sure. I’ve heard of guys running closer to 500 on a stock bottom end. Really just something I’ve always been curious about.

5. Revvv

Revvv Infinity Poster Established Member

Gorgeous GT. Love the stance and the staggered wheels.

Sent from my [trashcan S5] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

6. Sluggie24

Sluggie24 Active Member Established Member

On a very safe tune my supercharged 04 GT auto put down 380rwhp. (Would be over 400 with a stick) My tuner, who is very well respected in my area, told me that's as far as I can reliably go with the stock bottom end. The rods and pistons can't reliably hold more than that according to him. He even said a more aggressive tune on my current setup would even be asking for trouble.

7. Nick Aaron

Nick Aaron New Member Established Member

2V stock 400-450