Question.

cody_288

Established Member
I am from PA and received a ticket in NY during the first week of August for failing to wear my seatbelt. I elected to send in my plea of guilty two weeks before the court date was so I did not need to take any time of work to go. I just wanted to pay it (I was in the wrong, I got busted :shrug:, I have no issues paying it) but that was nearly two months ago. I called them a week after the court date (which was August 29) and the clerk checked on it for me and that it was on the judges desk and I would be getting something in the mail from them soon. I just want to pay this thing and get it done.

Is there some sort of requirement of time? Should I call again? Should I just keep waiting? Thoughts from an LEO please.

I have a degree in criminal justice so I have a pretty good idea of the processes everything goes through but damn, its just taking forever.

Last edited:

cody_288

Established Member
That's the thing, I have not paid yet because they haven't sent me anything but I did call and the receptionist was able to confirm my signed guilty plea was "on the judges desk". That was a month ago almost to the day. NY tickets do not have the amount of the fine on them, the judge decides that.

Last edited:

Spade

Established Member
If NY is anything like PA a wait is expected. In PA from what I understand a magistrate must have a minimum of 16hrs a WEEK in his/her office. Anything above that is on them. When you take into account criminal and civil days that would not leave much time for traffic and non traffic citations if the magistrate based his hour off the minimum.

Like stated above call again and make note of time and date along with who you spoke with. That way you will have something to stand on if they give you a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread