Questions for You... Pics

Sea Pony

Workin'! Woot!
Established Member
I just bought a great '01 Cobra and I am finding various things that I don't know about. I thought maybe you guys could help out.

It looks like I have some lowering springs! Now which springs are they? (I know they are are Eibachs, how can I tell the rate/weight etc.) Are these OEM?
PassFrontSpring.gif

Here you can see the wheel well has been modified. This was either to accomodate the new springs, or to make room for the bigger wheels. The rear rim tire combo is 18x9.5 with 295/35's. What do you think?
ShockMod21.gif

I am 90% sure the stock shocks are still in place. Are they OEM? (I was hoping for something yellow and blue :biggrin2: )
DriverRear11.gif

The Dash lights keep going out. The fuse I replaced was a 5 amp. Is that right? Where can I find information on this? Would a wiring diagram do it.
DashFuse11.gif

What the heck is this thing? Clutch cable? what is an IIRC?
Clutch11.gif

I am asking because it looks brand new.

Just because its funny. The ad for the car made pains to emphasize the Sony stereo in the car. When I tested the system I didn't hear anything coming from the rear of the car. Here is why...
RearSpeaker21.gif

Does anyone know where I can get OEM stereo parts?:shock2: Seriously, I would probably upgrade the speakers but I would like to use the stock amps and the "tray" thing that holds everything.

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
Dont know why they cut the fender liner, perhaps for the tire, certianly not needed for the springs.

Springs are Eibach pro-kits, dont know the specs on them.

Shocks are stock, replace them if you have hop.

Dont know about the fuse...

That thing on the clutch cable looks like a stock FWA.

I would look at upgrading the speakers and related equipment since you already gotta install them.

I would be freakin pissed if i picked up a car and found all those gremlins..when i picked up my 04 i found a couple things and have dumped good money into her already to ensure every weak link is found and corrected. Hope you dont find anything else man

Sea Pony

Workin'! Woot!
Established Member
I would be freakin pissed if i picked up a car and found all those gremlins..when i picked up my 04 i found a couple things and have dumped good money into her already to ensure every weak link is found and corrected. Hope you dont find anything else man

Don't get me wrong... some of this stuff I knew about (like the speakers). I think the price I paid took all of these less than excellent conditions into consideration.

I am looking forward to tackling some of these issues as projects. That is part of the reason I bought this car.

Sea Pony

Workin'! Woot!
Established Member
Your owner's manual will tell you about the fuses.
Page 131-133 here: http://www.fleet.ford.com

I ordered the manual from Helm, but now I have an electronic version as well. Thanks!

The Adjustable illumination is the fuse that keeps blowing (5 Amp is correct)

Any idea how to figure out why it's blowing? Has anyone had any trouble with headlight switches?

I took a peak behind the dash last night...did not like what I saw :nonono:

I am no electrician, but I think I can join wires a little better than the last person who was in there.

MrBrain

Corner carver
Established Member
If there's a mess behind the dash you don't really have to many options with the fuse other than to get a bunch of fuses and start. Begin with checking the cables, especially locations where the harness doesn't look stock. Next step would be to start disconnecting cables from the bulb sockets and check if the fuses still burn.

Users who are viewing this thread