Questions on mounting 96-98 return style rails on 99/01 intake???

Rock777

Established Member
Long story short is I have a 97 with an 03 longblock. The fuel system is still the stock return style and I'm putting stock 97 rails on and selling my aeromotive stuff to free up a little cash since I'm N/A. The intake is obviously a 99/01 style, so I was wondering what some of you have done to modify the brackets for the 97 rails to mount to the 99/01 intake?

Also, it seems the rails are going to take a little flexing of the rubber connecting lines to get them to line up on the injectors. Is this normal or have the rails possibly got a little out of shape from sitting on the shelf off a car for a year? I can flex them to conform some, but don't want to kink or bend where it inhibits fuel flow.

Any experience or input on this topic is greatly appreciated....

Here are some pics of the rails, you can kind of see how offset each injector port is from the one on opposite rail (as in they are staggered a tad more than normal I believe)

fuelrail004medium.jpg

fuelrail001medium.jpg

Last edited:

DOHCTER

Shop Smart.. Shop S-Mart
Established Member
I cut off the mounting tabs, and used these style of hose clamps to hold it to the intake. I cant remember the size off of the top of my head tho.
rus-651010_w.jpg

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Talk to Chris Scott about this. I know he has 96-98 rails on a 99/01 intake. From what I recall, you just have to bend or relocate a mounting tab, I believe.

Rock777

Established Member
I cut off the mounting tabs, and used these style of hose clamps to hold it to the intake. I cant remember the size off of the top of my head tho.
rus-651010_w.jpg

That's a good idea, didn't think of that. I wonder if I can find those at one of the local auto part stores. I'll check around, Thanks.

Talk to Chris Scott about this. I know he has 96-98 rails on a 99/01 intake. From what I recall, you just have to bend or relocate a mounting tab, I believe.

I'm not sure who Chris is or what his username that you are referring to.

Rock777

Established Member
They sell those at lowes and home depot.

Great, thank you, will pick those up tonight hopefully.

Anyone know what fuel line I should use to go in the back between the fuel rails??? It seems that another 1/2"-1" longer lines would allow me to mount with no stress on the injectors.

Users who are viewing this thread