queston on replaceing the PPRV

mystcobra04

Established Member
Ok what's wrong with this picture!!! i been reading and watching utube video's on deleting the PPRV valve and wondering why buy a kit when all i have to do is remove the valve. i stand corrected but isn't the PPRV a check valve? so why not remove it and place a barb fitting seem simple right. this way no tubing is replace and cost is nothing but a few cents. So tell me am i not seeing the whole picture here?????? :rolling:

bigmoose

Established Member
Ok what's wrong with this picture!!! i been reading and watching utube video's on deleting the PPRV valve and wondering why buy a kit when all i have to do is remove the valve. i stand corrected but isn't the PPRV a check valve? so why not remove it and place a barb fitting seem simple right. this way no tubing is replace and cost is nothing but a few cents. So tell me am i not seeing the whole picture here?????? :rolling:

You're not seeing the whole picture. The stock plastic hose is kinda brittle. It can easily break while trying to remove the PPRV. It would suck to have th tank down and have that happen without a replacement. Besides the stock line is has been known to split, so why not upgrade it to 30R10 while you're in there.

Of course the best option is to skip the PPRV delete and just move to a new fuel hat to avoid all the issues.

P Weave

Established Member
PPRV deletes can be cheap. You need to purchase a piece of hose that is fuel submersible compliant (SAE 30R10). I recommend Gates hose (pn: 27093) its about $25 for a foot and that's all you need.

That's all I did and it's worked perfectly. Here's a pic of my set up.

20130905_134911_zps00be1dbc.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread