Quick Question - about SCT X-CAL 2

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
I haven't messed with my 04 COBRA in a long time. It's now payed off & I can start toying with it. I have some 18 Saleen wheels & nice Michellin 2 tires on the car. In other words, the overall rolling diameter of the wheels are larger then the 25.7" factory 275/45 rolling stock.

Can my SCT X-CAL 2 recalibrate for that or does is offer me a menu for making this change... ? I realize that some units will allow you to make simple changes when you do gears & stuff. I know my speedometer is probably a bit off because of this.

Also, will this unit let me look at my coolant temps or IATS while I'm driving, if so, how do I do it... ?

THANK YOU & sorry for all the questions fellas.

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
If I recall you can only change your gear ratio with the XCAL 2.

The only way to view those parameters is to log with a laptop, you can not view them on the screen of the xcal.

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
If I recall you can only change your gear ratio with the XCAL 2.

The only way to view those parameters is to log with a laptop, you can not view them on the screen of the xcal.

Thanks for the help dude. Guess I will have to go to shop/tuner around here to get it changed. Hopefully they can do it for free. Is the speedometer based on the front wheels or the rear wheels... ? Just wondering.

Silverboost

Established Member
You can do it with the Xcal 2. You will need to go into the menu section and find the tire speed option or something like that. Then you just input the rev per mile and usually you can find this on the tire manufactures website.

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
You can do it with the Xcal 2. You will need to go into the menu section and find the tire speed option or something like that. Then you just input the rev per mile and usually you can find this on the tire manufactures website.

Thank you bro. I will try it out & see if I can adjust it. I would be adjusting it to the front or rear wheels (RPM's) revolutions per mile... ?

scorched

Established Member
i also have a xcal 2. is there anyway to turn my rear o2 sensors off, or make any kind of user changes without having a tune on it. cause it doesnt give me any options to make any kind of changes...

Users who are viewing this thread