Quick Time bellhousing

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
i believe this is true for all 4.6s but there are no offset dowel pins available to index it to the center line of the crank.

Ideally both ends should be checked by a machine shop to ensure theyre true and then indexing it to the center line takes some finangling. We did not check the ends on mine. It fits fine, the shop supposedly indexed it. I get a very slight noise from the starter when you first hit the key but its been on for a while and neither starter nor flywheel showed any unusual wear so i havent bothered to figure out shims or anything on the starter

clearance on long tubes can be a problem, had to grind out a pretty decent section to clear a primary on my Kooks LTs w/ a 4 valve

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Thanks for your findings DSG, I will be running Kooks long tubes as well and I thought I might have some clearance issues, I should have mentioned that this is a 4V engine in the Bullitt. I will do the fitting with the engine out so that should make it a tad easier.

braindontstop31

Established Member
Is anyone running a QuickTime bellhousing? if so did you have any fitment or other issues?

I am running the Quicktime and I had starter screeching noises. I had to bore the starter holes on the starter and grind the starter mounting flange so I could push
the starter away from the flywheel. That fixed the noise. I hated to do it but I really hated the screech.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
^^^ I dunno how bad yours was but mine isnt too bad so Ive just let it go. It bothers my OCD but not enough to in there and try to screw around behind the Kooks spaghetti

braindontstop31

Established Member
^^^ I dunno how bad yours was but mine isnt too bad so Ive just let it go. It bothers my OCD but not enough to in there and try to screw around behind the Kooks spaghetti

Its loud/bad enough that I was worried about loosing a starter. Here is a pic of what I did to the starter. 20160930_191006[1].jpg

Kinda difficult to see but I opened the mounting holes to 11mm (8mm stock) and grinded and filed the body opposite of the bendix opening. I did not bother
grinding on the bendix opening side.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread