Quick vid and discussion GT500 vs fbo e85 ZLE

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
wrong.

about 200ish lbs between the two on same day / same scale.
Gap is minimum 300#.
I think that Redeye guy put his one the scale and it was 4500#
Really these street races are just decent ways to kill time. Good video if that’s the OP.
On the street it’s always run what ya brung and hope it’s enough. Somebody always faster.
I was surprised on that Hellcat, but I told you if built right on a good tire they’re high 9 capable.
I’m assuming the ‘Tang Stang’ is On Toyo 888Rs already?
Once the GT500 DCT is figured out it’ll have the most potential.
1000rwhp, 8200rpm potential in that engine/blower combo with the intake and exhaust unrestricted.
I’ll be happy if the DCT just needs clutches and smart programming to hold the 1000rwhp.
I think the basic upgrades and 800rwhp will keep 95% happy and the DCT safe.
All these new cars are porkers, so you need big power. Fortunately that’s easier now.
-J

blk02edge

Established Member
See previous post, the new base GT500s are NOT 4225 and HCs are a 300# gap. My HC Charger just over 4500.
-J
Has anyone weighed a 500 full of fuel with a propely calibrated scale yet? Are those hellcat #'s with a full tank?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Has anyone weighed a 500 full of fuel with a propely calibrated scale yet? Are those hellcat #'s with a full tank?
Not sure, that’s why it’ll be nice to get some guys together and weigh them together.
A drag strip event would be a good place.
That Driveway Demons guy weighed his Redeye with a half tank I think, close to 4500#.
The point is the SRT cars are just 300# heavier than S550 Mustangs, which are 200# heavier than Gen 6 Camaros, similarly equipped.
At least that’s my impression.
-J

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
So, let me get this straight. LOL
We're comparing a 93 octane tune to a "FBO" modded ZL1 running E85??!!? Why not 93 octane to 93 octane tune?? Make it fair. :D

Then the haters are gonna come in and say,...well, the ZL1 is only 650HP!!!!
LMFAO
giphy.gif

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm still looking forward to a 2020 stock GT500 to a stock auto 2019 ZR1. Should be an awesome race.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the ZR1 will have the edge slightly. Again, that's just a "guess".

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the ZR1 will have the edge slightly. Again, that's just a "guess".

shouldn't the vette win easily? more power + 500 lbs lighter + better aero. What am I missing?

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
shouldn't the vette win easily? more power + 500 lbs lighter + better aero. What am I missing?
I'm not sure bro, that's why I'd like to see them line up.
But, I see what you're saying here about the ZR1 weighing less/being faster. I think it'll be a good race.
I'd love to get a ZR1, but they're so out of my price range. I looked the other day on cargurus. Big money machines.

svt662

Established Member
I'm still looking forward to a 2020 stock GT500 to a stock auto 2019 ZR1. Should be an awesome race.
No need to go out on a limb, The ZR1 will Beat the Shelby! But the base Shelby has 4 seats for kids....LOL

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
The point is the SRT cars are just 300# heavier than S550 Mustangs, which are 200# heavier than Gen 6 Camaros, similarly equipped.

1LE has got to be 100 or 150 less than standard ZL1 yet. The 1LE wheels alone shave 50lbs IIRC.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm not sure bro, that's why I'd like to see them line up.
But, I see what you're saying here about the ZR1 weighing less/being faster. I think it'll be a good race.
I'd love to get a ZR1, but they're so out of my price range. I looked the other day on cargurus. Big money machines.
I’m with you here, looking forward to an unbiased same driver same track same day shootout between the ‘19 ZR1 and ‘20 GT500 CFTP.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
1LE has got to be 100 or 150 less than standard ZL1 yet. The 1LE wheels alone shave 50lbs IIRC.
Maybe, but let’s see the scales. Like I mentioned, those are round about numbers I use from the 3 American muscle camps latest offerings.
-J

blk02edge

Established Member
Doesn’t matter. GM is always correct and he will always find one stat to prove it despite the other 100 saying he’s wrong. LL is correct Randy is wrong...
Well.. Now all the 500 guys are calling Randy wrong because the base 500 vs C8 didn't go the way they wanted lol.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I read on the "other forum" that the orange car just went a 10.1 @ 144 so he must have new mods. I don't think there is any proof yet, but I'm sure he will have a video out soon.

PIPO

Established Member
I read on the "other forum" that the orange car just went a 10.1 @ 144 so he must have new mods. I don't think there is any proof yet, but I'm sure he will have a video out soon.

I saw the time slip. He got upper pulley, cat deletes, E85 and R888’s.

PIPO

Established Member
I asked the owner myself and he didn’t mention ported blower. It put down 835whp if I remember correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread