R&R a T56

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
You can do it in the car.

I just did it 6 months ago.

Front two bolts have to be done with a wrench a quarter then at a time but it isn’t bad.

Wasting time pulling the trans.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

took it to the friend's place with a lift and glad we did. My Moroso road race pan hits the Steeda K, you get super minimal tilt down, no way it would have worked in the car. The shifter to trans gasket was in pretty poor shape and causing the majority of the leak.
Remember to order a new seal for the shifter. Common failure. It’s usually not the base to trans leaking.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Thanks for this, that seal was not in great shape. When i took the top rubber seal off the shifter the shifter cavity had a lot of fluid in it.

I was also advised to switch away from the Amsoil to Tremec's brand of higher performance manual transmission fluid (basically impossible to find). Initial impressions are good but not much seat time. It only took about 3 quarts though, not sure if we weren't able to get all the old fluid out or it needed to be driven some to fill the tail shaft etc... will recheck the fluid level shortly.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Does the Magnum hold more than the T-56? IIRC the T-56 holds 3.1 quarts. Although I don't think I've ever added the .1.

Users who are viewing this thread