"r" vs 09 kr

00 Cobra R

Established Member
I have a 00 "R" with 2300 miles on it. Thinking of trading for a KR? KR is more driveable and the "R" is cooler. Any ideas on what I should do? The deal on the KR is a real deal but not sure down the road that it is the car to keep, I think the "R" is. Really torn on this one!

Mike

Saleenrose

Established Member
Trade your 00r for the KR, buy another 00r for $40 and sell KR to keep extra $20 grand. Best deal for both of you.

Andy M

Established Member
Not sure what price you are getting on the KR, but I know of one available at a dealer in TX for $79K.

I think the answer to your question really depends on how you use the R and what you want out of such a car?... mileage varies depending on your perspective and your wallet obviously. Whatever you decide, please keep us posted.

00 Cobra R

Established Member
Not sure what price you are getting on the KR, but I know of one available at a dealer in TX for $79K.

I think the answer to your question really depends on how you use the R and what you want out of such a car?... mileage varies depending on your perspective and your wallet obviously. Whatever you decide, please keep us posted.

Andy,

I can buy the KR for $75,075.00 and get $45,000 for my R. My car is a show car only and the KR would not be driven much either. I'll let you know what I do. The KR is one of two colors Silver/Blue or Blue/Silver, both are available. The KR is more user friendly with nice options but the R is just what it is, unique and cool.

Mike

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member
Andy,

I can buy the KR for $75,075.00 and get $45,000 for my R. My car is a show car only and the KR would not be driven much either. I'll let you know what I do. The KR is one of two colors Silver/Blue or Blue/Silver, both are available. The KR is more user friendly with nice options but the R is just what it is, unique and cool.

Mike
So basically you are debating about trading one garage queen for another... and asking which one is the best garage queen?
:sleeping:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Ha ha, yeah Fred is a true track ho! :rockon:

Well IMHO it depends on what you're looking for to decide which car is best for you. If you're looking for value, future appreciation and exclusivity, the R model is your correct choice. End of conversation.

But, if you want to know which is the 'best' car as far as engineering, physical capability, comfort and speed, you need to choose the KR. Having both the SN-95 and S-197 models of cars, I personally favor the S-197. Not that I don't love my R. I'm not saying that. I do love the R. But the KR is head and shoulders above the R in every single aspect. Well, maybe with the exception of that most awesome N/A 5.4 motor! :dancenana:

In the end, the only one that can make the decision is you!

Good luck in your decision!

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Andy M

Established Member
Andy,

Mike
Just found out there is a silver 08 KR available at Joe Myers Ford here in Houston for $74,500.00. So, yes the one in Dallas is overpriced at this point.

Good luck with your decision. Man, if I had the funds, I would own both of them! Decisions decisions decisions?.....

9secondlx

Established Member
theres one at framingham ford here in mass. they have been trying to unload it for ever. silver/blue.

not sure if they have it still but they were desperate to try and unload it.

also try sarat ford in agwam ma. they get these cars in all the time.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Whats the total build numbers on the KR. I'd bet theyre making more than 300 of them.

I would keep the R, more exclusive, rarer car. The KR is the "it" car right now. The 2000 Cobra R is 9 years old still highly sought after and seems to be slowly increasing in value.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

Anthony

RogerTx

Established Member
I would keep the R, more exclusive, rarer car. The KR is the "it" car right now. .....
Anthony

My son and I were driving around recently and saw a KR. He went out of his way to come sprinting up behind us to say "hey" at the next stoplight. His KR was no doubt a sharp looking car, but I will agree with Anthony (being a bit biased :banana:, of course).

93SVTCobra

Established Member
There were around 1000 KR's built. I'm guessing they are going to drop like a rock in a year or two based on how you can buy a 2010 Shelby for around $48k and have the same or better car (depending on who you talk to). Personally, I'd wait a year or two and the KR and the 00R will probably be about the same price. There are going to be a lot of garage queen KR's out there and with such a high volume it won't be difficult to find one at a good price.......

20psirabbit

Established Member
as a car i'd drive more often and be able to find replacement parts for, etc. i'd rather have the KR. otherwise in every single other respect i'd rather have the R.
IMO the KR is an overpriced GT500, now a super snake would be a different story....

ralphcobra

Established Member
You will have to make your own mind up, but a Super snake is probably a far superior car to the KR and if you could buy a new Gt 500 for 45,000, add 32.000 for the SS conversion, you will have about the same money invested with a real supercar. Ralph

20psirabbit

Established Member
Price out a REAL KR hood and tell me which vehicle has parts that are easier to get......

well, i don't know what an oem kr hood goes for, but i meant parts in terms of engine parts that from what i read can be next to impossible to find for the Rs, while the oem kr hood may be expensive, you can still get one, that's my point.

93SVTCobra

Established Member
The only real engine part you can't get easily is the intake. Everything else has comprable parts available. For the right price everything is for sale.

The OEM KR hood is over $6k AND you have to own a KR to get one.

I think the chances of damaging a hood are MUCH greater than damaging an intake.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
You will have to make your own mind up, but a Super snake is probably a far superior car to the KR and if you could buy a new Gt 500 for 45,000, add 32.000 for the SS conversion, you will have about the same money invested with a real supercar. Ralph

I must admit that I do favor the Super Snake, at least the 725h.p. Super Snake. It is a beast!!

I like the KR also, but it seemed that Ford is limited in areas that Shelby may not be, the first area being liability.

The pre-title and post title argument/discussion has subsided now that real numbers have and are coming out between these two very similar, but very different cars. The 2010 GT500 coming out with 540h.p. and much KR technology has not helped the KR, 540h.p. is suddenly not so special. Once people realized that the KR's were built in the same exact Shelby Las Vegas shop (The Mod Shop) as the 605 and 725 Super Snakes, the "Ford Assy. Line" impressions quickly faded.

I also agree that the KR was built in much lower numbers, about half of what is currently being stated for the Super Snake, but 540h.p. vs. 725h.p. are two different worlds. Of the "twice as many Super Snakes to be built", how many are 605h.p.? and how many are 725's? This will also matter in "real" build totals.

The hood is a huge difference in these cars. The KR has twist locks like the original 1968 GT500KR Shelby, the Super Snake has hood pins like the 1967 GT500 Super Snake. I would not expect a KR to have hood pins, I would not expect a Super Snake to have twist locks. The Ford designed KR c/f hood has much more engineering that the Super Snake f/g hood, but they both serve the same function, get fresh air to the CAI. Even though they are similar in look, they are engineered differently. One thing I can say about the Super Snake hood, it has a mirror finish on the bottom side and you can see the engine compartment in the paint because the finish is so nice. The 95/00 Cobra R f/g hoods do not look like this on the bottom side.

The only real complaint I have with the Super Snake is the head rest covers. The KR has nice stitched headrests and the Super Snake has pull over covers, and they do not match the seat color well. Supposedly, the Super Snakes being produced now have nice matching stitched headrests. I am on the list for a set of the updated headrests, but I do not have them yet.

R

Last edited:

00 Cobra R

Established Member
I've decided to keep the "R" for sure and am going to watch the KR'S value for awhile. The correct number for the KR'S is 1000 2008's, 950 to public and 50 to Ford people and another 560 for 2009 to make a total of 1560, the same number as the original KR. Thanks for all the imput.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread