Race in Gainsville Fl

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
F8LSNAKE said:
Thanks man. I just signed up, now if I can get a few of the other guys from here to go for sure.

Hope to see you there. We just sarted sending in payments today. It should be a lot of fun and I wll have my fats/skinnies on an ready to go! Anything to help this fat thing! I had to install a cage so that added a few pounds.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
There were alot of GTOs at the track last night. Fastest one there was a yellow 5.7L with a magnason(spelling?) charger. He went 11.9 I believe. Anyway he said he knew you. Really nice guy.

I hear ya on the cage. I guess I'm gonna have to install one as well, as much as I hate to. I certainly don't want to slow the car down, so I guess a cage it will have. Look forward to seeing ya there.

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
F8LSNAKE said:
There were alot of GTOs at the track last night. Fastest one there was a yellow 5.7L with a magnason(spelling?) charger. He went 11.9 I believe. Anyway he said he knew you. Really nice guy.

I hear ya on the cage. I guess I'm gonna have to install one as well, as much as I hate to. I certainly don't want to slow the car down, so I guess a cage it will have. Look forward to seeing ya there.

Was his name Rick? 6 speed maggie car.

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
F8LSNAKE said:
I didn't catch his name, we only talked for a minute as he was ready to make another pass. It was a 6-speed car though.

Yep. Most likely Rick. He's getting faster but still on a learning curve with it.

prostkr

Established Member
id like to come, how fast will they let an uncaged vert go before the boot? may not be worth my time?

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
prostkr said:
id like to come, how fast will they let an uncaged vert go before the boot? may not be worth my time?

At private rentals they are a lot more easy with the rules but I would think with the vert they will start busting chops at 11.50s but I could be wrong.

9746Cobra

spinnin4Vs
Established Member
Well, they've got a date and time set.

The Mustang guys have far less paid up than the GTO folks but it's still two months away.

Too bad they never set any classes. It's all run what ya brung. So the only way to see which group is faster is just to see which cars are winning more races.

I'd like to see the Mustangs do really well but I'm concerned because the GTO's seem to be more race-oriented and the mmjax crowd more show-car oriented and running for fun. Don't get me wrong there are some fast stangs too but they seem to be more the exception than the rule. I get the impression the average GTO in their group is a low 12 second car and the average mmjax stang a second slower.

I also think there will be several stangs on street tires and they will get their butts handed to them because I haven't read of any of the GTO guys being on street tires.

There was talk of a couple magazine people there showing up. I'd hate to see someone post an article about GTO's whoopin' Mustangs from some Pontiac Magazine or Hot Rod magazine.

I plan on going down and spectating so we'll hope for the best and see.

Last edited:

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
9746Cobra said:
Well, they've got a date and time set.

The Mustang guys have far less paid up than the GTO folks but it's still two months away.

Too bad they never set any classes. It's all run what ya brung. So the only way to see which group is faster is just to see which cars are winning more races.

I'd like to see the Mustangs do really well but I'm concerned because the GTO's seem to be more race-oriented and the mmjax crowd more show-car oriented and running for fun. Don't get me wrong there are some fast stangs too but they seem to be more the exception than the rule. I get the impression the average GTO in their group is a low 12 second car and the average mmjax stang a second slower.

I also think there will be several stangs on street tires and they will get their butts handed to them because I haven't read of any of the GTO guys being on street tires.

There was talk of a couple magazine people there showing up. I'd hate to see someone post an article about GTO's whoopin' Mustangs from some Pontiac Magazine or Hot Rod magazine.

I plan on going down and spectating so we'll hope for the best and see.

We are looking for some clean fun but on the MMJAX site there is so much smack talk about whooping our butts, it's crazy! No matter, that is part of having a fast car.

I can't wait :rockon:

I'm on street tires - DOT drag radials, that is!

Users who are viewing this thread