Race Proven Motorsports: WTF?

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
This popped up into my feed. Anyone know WTF this is about? Love the amateur video production....

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
The camera guy Steve and owner Fran had a falling out. You know both sides of the story by now.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Steve posted the video first, Fran did the response

not that it matters but I sort of believe Fran more

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Cameraman Steve is most likely telling the truth. I believe him because I went through almost the exact same situation with a former employer who was also my friend of 20 years. Things gradually degraded and ended in a similar fashion. I've also been in these sorts of circles with repair shops and performance shops and a lot of them are owned and run by the same type of person. Very ego driven and suffering from inferiority complexes and it makes them unpredictable. Always trying to prove to everyone that they are the man or the alpha of the bunch, and they feel like they always have to reiterate that. Drugs are also rampant in the private automotive industry and I'm talking painkillers and drugs like Aderol(sp?) which over time has a huge impact on a person's personality and mood. I was blown away to find out how many shop owners were basically dealing to each other, it's wild. So it can be incredibly hard to get along with those types of people but this guy Fran comes off the exact same way as the people I've known over the years.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Fran's a drama queen and this is internet faggotry by both parties. If I wanted a fast Vette and couldn't do the work myself I would send it to ESC and if they couldn't do it I would send it to RPM. I would however stipulate Fran couldn't test drive it, especially on cold tires.

scott_0

Established Member
couple things you cannot deny, #1 Fran is a prick with a personality that would wrongly rub a softy, like the former employee Steve comes off as being, and #2 the guys know his shit, but with some questionable business practices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

olympic

Established Member
A couple things Steve said about his boss make his story believable for me. Many years ago I worked for a guy who loved to yell at employees, belittle them and just generally act like a bully. His favorite phrase was "I'm the boss" and "You buy me out an you can run this business how you want." I quit in 1997 and started a directly competing business and slowly took every single one of his customers. In 2004 he closed his doors. Guys like that are their own worst enemy.

The most surprising thing to me is that holiday and vacation pay aren't mandatory in the USA. I always assumed it was but after some googling, I see I was mistaken. In Canada, it varies a bit form province to province, but as an employer, I have to pay my workers 10 stat holidays every year. Paid annual vacation is 3 weeks and goes up the longer you work at the same place.

UBNZO6D

Life-long Hot Rodder
Established Member
Your first mistake was taking the so-called abuse for 4/5 years...Your last mistake was quitting, what a ninny...We don't live in a polyana world Mr. snowflake...After watching both videos I think the owner is the truthful one...Also if you apply at 3 places a day for 6 months that equates to more than 350 applications. did you do those at your work desk?...It appears to me that you had a problem selling yourself at these job apps which also tells me that you went into a job interview and did nothing but bitch about your employer and what new empler would wanta that for a an employee? To me 17 years is hard to argue with...This man is just your typical crybaby butthurt employee that stuck around for years, why?...If he wanted to he could have gone to the State Labor Board and pitched his case but he chose to make a video to try the hurt the business RPM instead, IMHO....In the end you say that you don't care, REALLY?, than why the video?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Your first mistake was taking the so-called abuse for 4/5 years...Your last mistake was quitting, what a ninny...We don't live in a polyana world Mr. snowflake...After watching both videos I think the owner is the truthful one...Also if you apply at 3 places a day for 6 months that equates to more than 350 applications. did you do those at your work desk?...It appears to me that you had a problem selling yourself at these job apps which also tells me that you went into a job interview and did nothing but bitch about your employer and what new empler would wanta that for a an employee? To me 17 years is hard to argue with...This man is just your typical crybaby butthurt employee that stuck around for years, why?...If he wanted to he could have gone to the State Labor Board and pitched his case but he chose to make a video to try the hurt the business RPM instead, IMHO....In the end you say that you don't care, REALLY?, than why the video?

I can agree with this too. Both parties are probably telling the truth. It just comes down to two people who don't mix; like oil and water.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The real truth is usually found somewhere in the middle in cases like this. Both feel they’re right. Both feel they’ve been wronged.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Adower

Established Member
Like they say...there is three sides to the story. Steve's side, Fran's side, and the truth.

robvas

Established Member
I noticed that he was always kind of a jerk to the camera guy, but the camera guy also seems pretty annoying, asking simple questions or saying dumb things. I wouldn't want someone recording me doing my job asking me shit.

noco5.0

Established Member
The owner explained that he provides PTO versus specific holiday pay. That's done by a lot of companies big and small. My wife works for a major company with over 20k employees and they earn PTO each month how they use it is up to him. The disgruntled former employee seems pretty whiney to me.

1slo5ohh

Established Member
If it was so bad and Fran is so hard to work for then why did he come back? Fran isn't any different now than when Steve did his first stint with them.

PC03GT

Established Member
Couldn't be that bad, the guy gave him 5gs to try to have a ****ing kid

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread