race question

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
A guy on a local forum was saying that nothing can beat his c6 so i told him after i got my trans i would race him. What do you think a modded L would do vs a stock auto c6??

this is the main reason why i want to run him...

C6 Vette wrote:

When Its done I will race you in what ever car I have.
Its just a truck, So IM sure I will have some thing to run it.
( no diss to your truck/ I just think my car will be faster then your truck )

rphinney

Established Member
Does either of you have a running vehicle? Sounds like a bunch of BS to me, I hate those "one day when I get this and that, I will run you". Get the Tranny and go run him I think it is a toss up.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I think it'll be a 'drivers race' (if you can have those in automatic vehicles. Most likely I see the vette pulling at the end of the race

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
i think youll have a problem, with the mods you have in your sig.. the C6 has 400hp, and only weights 3300lbs.. And i dont know about the "nothing" comment.. Theres a truck on here, for sale right now, that would stomp the hell out of that car..

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
The truck goes to ford monday to get a new trans(again) and a new intercooler. I am ordering some stuff this weekend so when i gets back im going to be doing some installs...he may win and he may not...but if he does when he will see how close "just a truck" is behind him

Bootbox

Established Member
You may take him up to about 60mph but he'll blow past you like you threw out an anchor after that. If you added a ported blower, drag radials, valve body, and a new tune you'd be closer. The new 'Vettes are no joke. Hell, even a bone stock C5 A4 would give you a hard time, they're just really aerodynamic and have a ton of top end.

Edit: My post assumes you're shutting it down at 1/4mi speeds, if you go much past 120mph you better have a built motor and spray or some serious pulley. The Lightning starts to slow down a lot after 80mph or so when the 'Vette is just getting started on it's way to 160+ in a hurry.

Last edited:

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
What does he mean by..."I'll race you in whatever car I have..."? :bs: Does that guy even have a C6? Or is he just blowing smoke up your ass? If he does have a C6, race him from a dig. He'll definitely leave you sitting like a brick if you race him from a roll. Good luck.

stubbs

Established Member
Question 1- What kind of tires are you running?
Question 2- What is done to your truck and what are doing to your truck?

Suggestion- To beat this guy with what it says in your sig your going to have get some land I would say a car or two, or what I would do is forget getting land and if you know how to street race well enough you are going to have to steal the hit, and you will have to jump ahead of him real quick, let me know either pm me or something Ill help you out.

Peace out

ITHAULS

GIT'R DUN
Established Member
Bootbox said:
You may take him up to about 60mph but he'll blow past you like you threw out an anchor after that. If you added a ported blower, drag radials, valve body, and a new tune you'd be closer. The new 'Vettes are no joke. Hell, even a bone stock C5 A4 would give you a hard time, they're just really aerodynamic and have a ton of top end.

Edit: My post assumes you're shutting it down at 1/4mi speeds, if you go much past 120mph you better have a built motor and spray or some serious pulley. The Lightning starts to slow down a lot after 80mph or so when the 'Vette is just getting started on it's way to 160+ in a hurry.

Mine pulls hard way past 80. I ain't skeerd a no C6. :fart:

96CobraOHIO

Need some advise on a C6. Will post

Hey figured since the thread was about a C6.
Have a friend that moved out of state. He was braggin' on his new C6 and said nothing will touch it now that he modded it to 550HP. No viper, etc.

Now I had a 96 Cobra and I really liked that car.
Add a kid and it turns into an 02 WRX.
I am up for a new rod finally and don't know what to get that's out.
One thing is for sure, I want the car to toast his.
I would like something that could do it in the ¼mi if possible.
If I have to put a little (like no more than 2K) into the car in mods that's fine.
I was thinking a Lotus V8 Twin but those are bit pricey. (About the same as the C6)
I could borrow my old man's SRT-10 but I really want to make this kill on my own steam seeing as how it's HIS vette not his Dad's.

Realisticly I was pondering the new Cobra but the stangs have such goddamned light rearends and that thing HAS to be squirrely.

Please don't take offense to the lack of truck mentionings here. I admire anything with speed but I cannot purchase a truck at this time.

I just know that anyone who can own a truck and make it beat a c6 HAS to know wtf they are talking about with engines and cars.

any forthcoming support would be greatly appreciated.

Personally, and this is no shit, I have waxed plenty in my day and only a NOS'd Camaro SS has taken me and it wasn't until we reached the highway and 120+ mph that allowed it to happen. What would you expect a 4cyl to do at that point anyhow....
What the WRX has taught me is that driver, brakes and HANDLING go a real long way to keep that object in the mirror smaller.

Still a piece of my soul is in hell for having A) A japanese car and B) NOT having a V8...

It's time to return....
eyes are on the new 06 cobra.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread