Raced a C6 Z51

REPCobra10

Established Member
Well, I finally got a race in on my new Hoosier DOT Drag Radials (315/35/17) from a dig against a C6 Z51. These tires are simply amazing! They hook so damn hard! Anyways, the guy had an automatic in his Vette and we all know how well they launch, even with the automatic. Were at the light and I know he wants to go because he was pacing me and looking over and smiling for a good mile before we got to the light. There is not a car to be seen in front of us and as the light turns green I get a great launch and to my surprise I ripped him out of the hole pretty hard and pulled him hard all the way until I shifted into 4th gear. I let out after that ahead by atleast 5 cars. I thought he was going to get me out of the hole and I would have to play catch up, but these tires just get the job done to say the least. I talked to the guy a little but afterwards at the next light and to my surprise he knew quite abit about the '03/'04 Cobras and was asking me if I was pullied and this and that. He said he figured he was going to lose but wanted to try his luck! LOL! Anyways, the guy was very cool. Take it easy guys.

Patisi

Established Member
Not saying I doubt you, but methinks that putting 5 cars on C6 Z51 Package is difficult to believe even if you have mods. Especially if the guys wants to race. Not too sure about this one.

REPCobra10

Established Member
Have you ever heard of a thing called nitrous? I have a 75-shot at the moment. Anyways, sorry I forgot to mention that I used it. I have a 2.93"/4# combo with a 75-shot. Let's just say I make north of 600 rwhp with it. I can understand your thoughts about me not being able to beat him that bad on just the blower, which is how I would react to this post as well. As soon as I shifted into 2nd gear, I armed my nitrous and sprayed from their on until I shifted into 4th. Keep in mind that I am on Hoosier DOT Drag Radials and that gives me a huge advantage out of the hole so it seems. He had an automatic, so no driver error, but maybe he left traction control on or the stock torque management garbage stuff on the car made him slow out of the hole or something. Anyways, sorry for leaving out necessary information guys. LOL! Take it easy.

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
REPCobra10 said:
Have you ever heard of a thing called nitrous? I have a 75-shot at the moment. Anyways, sorry I forgot to mention that I used it. I have a 2.93"/4# combo with a 75-shot. Let's just say I make north of 600 rwhp with it. I can understand your thoughts about me not being able to beat him that bad on just the blower, which is how I would react to this post as well. As soon as I shifted into 2nd gear, I armed my nitrous and sprayed from their on until I shifted into 4th. Keep in mind that I am on Hoosier DOT Drag Radials and that gives me a huge advantage out of the hole so it seems. He had an automatic, so no driver error, but maybe he left traction control on or the stock torque management garbage stuff on the car made him slow out of the hole or something. Anyways, sorry for leaving out necessary information guys. LOL! Take it easy.

I'd completely believe it if you were just pullied. The DR's really help get you out of the hole to pull two cars if you launched it.

REPCobra10

Established Member
hydroshutter said:
I'd completely believe it if you were just pullied. The DR's really help get you out of the hole to pull two cars if you launched it.

Ya, I'm on the Hoosier DOT Drag Radials in 315/35/17. The tread design is just like Hoosier QTP's with only 2 grooves all the way around the tire. I launched great on them and pulled him hard out of the hole but I doubt that I would have been able to pull him 5 cars without my 75-shot through only 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear. The Vette is a stout car to be sure but even my heavy pig of a car with 600 rwhp will simply yard the Vette in any gears. Anyways, I want a piece of the new C6 Z06, but I doubt that I'll be able to take him, atleast not up top as the speeds increase. Anyways, take it easy man.

StangJason

Established Member
REPCobra10 said:
Ya, I'm on the Hoosier DOT Drag Radials in 315/35/17. The tread design is just like Hoosier QTP's with only 2 grooves all the way around the tire. I launched great on them and pulled him hard out of the hole but I doubt that I would have been able to pull him 5 cars without my 75-shot through only 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear. The Vette is a stout car to be sure but even my heavy pig of a car with 600 rwhp will simply yard the Vette in any gears. Anyways, I want a piece of the new C6 Z06, but I doubt that I'll be able to take him, atleast not up top as the speeds increase. Anyways, take it easy man.

With 600rwhp you should be able to pull a new Z06 Vette fairly easily up until 140mph where you'd probably still be pulling but stupid for going any faster IMO

bunk22

Established Member
Having owned an 03 Cobra with similar mods (no nitrous) and now a C6 (mn6), your car should pull a stock C6 (mn or auto) without the nitrous, IMO of course. No chance for the C6 with nitrous.

Patisi

Established Member
REPCobra10 said:

Well, you forgot to mention Nitrous. OK Now we are talking.

Patisi

Established Member
hydroshutter said:

Sorry, you are not going to pull a C6 Z51 Package with just a pulley. That to me is like sayign you are going to pull a GT500 with jsut a pulley. Where are these races happening?

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
I'd believe a pulley could send a C6 packing too. Some pullied cars make almost 100 rwhp more, if you can get it to the ground, you SHOULD put a few lengths on the vette if you have any idea how to drive.

Established Member
Good kill. I've raced a c6 awhile back on the hwy from 40mph-130mph I had a good 3 1/2 cars to 4 cars on him.

Patisi

Established Member
StangJason said:
With 600rwhp you should be able to pull a new Z06 Vette fairly easily up until 140mph where you'd probably still be pulling but stupid for going any faster IMO

Guys, quit tripping. I like my Terminator as much as the next guy, but it is not the end all be all of the streets. Why is it that we always assume that the other guys will not mod his Vette? I see these great numbers from Dyno Sheets etc. Man, I still have very serious doubts that a Cobra is going to walk a C6 Z51 Vette. The same reason we say the GTO/GT500 is too heavy and are pigs is the same way the Vette guys look at us, we are like pigs. The argument cuts both ways.

I have yet to see this happen at the track. Everytime I have seen a Snake run a Vette, in Fontana, Palmdale, Streets of Willow, Laguna Seca, 58FWY E and 14 FWY. The Vette has won. I have not yet seen the 06 Z06 run and I don't have to. From what I have seen the Z51 do, I have a good idea what an 06 Z06 can do.

bunk22

Established Member
His Grace said:
What exactly comes with the z51 package, isn't it just a suspension package?

The Z51 package comes with:

* Specific shocks and springs designed with more control
* Larger stabilizer bars
* Larger cross-drilled brake rotors and track-tuned linings
* Engine oil, power steering and transmission coolers
* Specific higher-grip Goodyear EMT tires with asymmetrical thread patterns
* Specific six-speed manual transmission with quicker gearing

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Patisi said:
Sorry, you are not going to pull a C6 Z51 Package with just a pulley.
There are many, many basic pullied Terminators (with CAI, catback and tune) running ~120 MPH traps. That's PLENTY to whoop any C6, Z51 or not... Let's leave out the driver error you have obviously seen at your local track and be realistic.

bunk22

Established Member
Blue03Cobra said:
There are many, many basic pullied Terminators (with CAI, catback and tune) running ~120 MPH traps. That's PLENTY to whoop any C6, Z51 or not... Let's leave out the driver error you have obviously seen at your local track and be realistic.

I agree having had both.

Users who are viewing this thread