Raced a GT

hdotis69

Established Member
Cruisin down the interstate about 65 waiting on something. Here comes a new Mustang GT, we kick at about 80 and I pull him just a little, we back off due to traffic, the 2nd time we kick them he pulls away bad, noticed black smoke pouring out the exhaust on the GT, about 110 I start pulling back by him. I didn't think they were that fast. Do you think something was done to his??
My mods:
Airforce one cold air
Accufab throttle body by JDM
2.8 upper
boost bypass, which I don't think helps
autologic chip
modified valve body

Last edited:

SVTman75

My wallet hates me!
Established Member
You might wanna take a look at the thread i made a few weeks ago. "got beat"

My buddy has a 2000 GT that he has CAI and Exaust on it. He thinks he might have a chip (bought it used). We are dead even until around 125 (when i push my OD back on) then he walks me on up til 140.

ronnie

Will work for Truck Parts
Established Member
I burnt most GT's when I was in stock trim. Now it is no question that I leave them in the dust. Just be careful, after 60 mph we lose the power we had off the line. Torque is a funny thing.

team23jordan

Subaru Legacy GT
Established Member
and there are GT with kennebell...
after i saw GT doing 400 to the wheel, i dont really wanna race'em:shrug:

Slider

aka=Brad
Established Member
Originally posted by team23jordan
and there are GT with kennebell...
after i saw GT doing 400 to the wheel, i dont really wanna race'em:shrug:

My brother has one. It is totaly awesome.

JonnyLightning

My Friend has a vortech roush, I smoked him like he is burnt turkey no matter if its from a stand still or cruising at 60, no GT has come close to taking me, its all a matter of timing if he kicks it down before you, your beat.

JonnyLightning

No offense but whats the point of buying a GT then spending a lot of money to make it go fast why not get the cobra

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Originally posted by JonnySVT
No offense but whats the point of buying a GT then spending a lot of money to make it go fast why not get the cobra
just cause you can
some people like to make it fast themselves instead of going fast
an old friend had a 00 gt and had the heads ported and droped in new cams
his girl put nitrous in her car and would beat him all day
she didnt know why he would spend 600 more on all those parts and still loose to her

LightingMike

Established Member
I have a 03 GT with bolt-ons and 3.73 gears and didnot spend to much money for my mods. When i bought mine 03 GT i was looking at the 03 Cobra but couldn't afford it at that time $34K compare to 03 GT $24K. So now i have my 04 L and 03 GT.

LIGHTNIN

Established Member
my guess is that he is spraying. I raced an 04 gt with an 80 shot. We raced from a stop and that is when I jumped on him, then by 100 his bumper was at my door. I beat him but just by a hair. If he didnt have that bottle he would have got his feelings hurt.

Last edited:

SVTman75

My wallet hates me!
Established Member
Alot of ppl see that a Cobra is next to them and won't try. But a 400+ h.p. GT is what we aren't expecting and so we try. Just like they want us too!!!

SpankDog

Established Member
my guess is nitrous too, had the same thing happen to me at the track once.....black smoke and he ran away

Users who are viewing this thread