Racestar 15x8 fitment, did I make a mistake?

Mr.Venom

Quick with Boltons
Established Member
Hey guys,

So last black friday I got a really good deal on some polished racestars in 15x8 trim. The tech on the phone from the company said I should go with the 4.5" BS on the wheel and that they've sold plenty of IRS equipped Cobras with this wheel choice and I trusted his opinion. I was sure it was normally 5.5" BS and sure enough when I finally got around to test fitting and grinding the necessary parts, the wheel and tire combo sits so far into the wheel well, it looks like complete crap. So I ordered a 1" hubcentric spacer and the fitment is in the fender is pure sex.

But now here's the issue. I'm uncomfortable with the setup. Like maybe its too much spacer and there will be a stud issue on hard slick launches (26x11.5 bias ply). I went with the Mcguard open ended lug nuts and they seem to grip enough stud, but thats the stud of the spacer. I'd like some opinions and suggestions as to what my options can be. I was thinking of starting over with ARP studs and a proper BS wheel but was wondering maybe if there was a way to remedy my current situation with the same wheels. :shrug:

Thanks,

Kyle

Last edited:

peejx5x

Established Member
Wut?

Sounds like they sent you 5.5BS and you put a spacer on it, making it equivalent to a 4.5BS.

4.5" backspace is what you want.

Mr.Venom

Quick with Boltons
Established Member
Wut?

Sounds like they sent you 5.5BS and you put a spacer on it, making it equivalent to a 4.5BS.

4.5" backspace is what you want.

No I did receive the 4.5" backspace wheel. The only other one beefcake racing has is a 5.25" BS. I put the spacer on initially because it was sucked in the fender and also it helped with the amount of grinding necessary for the wheel to fit.

Mr.Venom

Quick with Boltons
Established Member
upgrade to arp studs. moroso started to rust on my old setup once i threaded the lugs on and off.

Whats the correct part number to the studs? I remember reading alot of controversy on the small gnarl differences and someone finally found the best fitting stud.

jk_aktion

Established Member
Whats the correct part number to the studs? I remember reading alot of controversy on the small gnarl differences and someone finally found the best fitting stud.

i used arp 3.5" stud with 0.620" knurl size, and drilled with a 39/64" bit. from maximum motorsports item # 8swr

photo21_zps92395b3d.gif

photo2_zps2f26e9b2.gif

cobra 10.5" reps no spacer
photo58_zpsa7855910.gif

cobra 10.5" dd reps 1/2" spacer
IMG_3356_zps1ef1915c.gif

Last edited:

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
The correct ARP part number is 100-7723 but they retail for around 120 dollars. A few people have ran the ARP 100-7703 with success, then again a few people ruined their hubs trying to get these in. As stated above if you tun the 7703 make sure you drill out your holes first. The difference in price between the 7703 and the 7723 is close to 100 dollars. I purchased the Moroso studs because they were cheap and I was able to install them easily. I have had the Moroso studs on since March and they are holding up well. I am sure they will get a little surface rust over time but its a wheel stud and im not concerned with it having a little suface rust on it.

Last edited:

FiveOhJoe

Established Member
I used the 7703 on my IRS hubs. Put them in the freezer over night and they pretty much slid right in. It is very hard to drill the holes out with the hubs on the car. The drill bit walks itself into the hole and doesn't want to turn. I was using a big a** drill and cutting oil. Decided to just force them in.

Users who are viewing this thread