RaceStar / Summit Warrior R/T wheel combo, pic.

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
Had her out of the garage for the first time in months to clean her up. Thought I would share a pic, in case anyone out there is wondering what the 17" Race Stars look like with cheap $90 rear wheels.

IMAG0606.jpg

If anyone has any questions, post.

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
I get a better rate due to being able to buy them through Summit's wholesale division.....but I think they are like $90-$100 /each retail pricing.

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
Looks great! Wish I had someone local to me with them, so I could do a test fit with my 14in brembo kit.

rudycobra

Established Member
Hmm I been wanting to get another set of rear Racestars to put drag radials on so I could run my skinnies on the street sometimes . Looks like a good option

Rudy

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
Looks real good! That pic has got me into looking at a set of rears for the track now. Specs on the Summit warriors and is yours a SRA? I was thinking 15x8's, 5.50 BS with a 275/60/15 M/T would do the trick for both the S197 and Mach 1, whats your thought?

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
Thanks guys

Looks real good! That pic has got me into looking at a set of rears for the track now. Specs on the Summit warriors and is yours a SRA? I was thinking 15x8's, 5.50 BS with a 275/60/15 M/T would do the trick for both the S197 and Mach 1, whats your thought?

Dunno about that on the S197, but for sure on the Mach. 5x8 - 5.5bs is what you want. I have 295/55/15 on rear. I have used the 275/60 a bunch.

I still have the IRS.

Do you have a closer shot of the rears? Specs also?

15x8 - 5.5 BS

I will get more shots when I get some time.

What kinda spacers and grinding is required to get $90 wheels to fit the rear? What's the weight of each with tire?

I am using a 3/16" spacer, and I had to grind quite a bit, similar to this bu actually quite a bit more. I did not have to grind anywhere else though.

P4110037.jpg

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
Dunno weights. I wasnt really worried about the rears. I was just wanting a 15" wheel that was cheap, works, and looks "okay" with the Race Stars.

ctgreddy

Established Member
how wide are the rears? My buddy was looking into them and the only 15x10's they had back then were 5.5" backspacing, so he went with the summit stars which were 6.5's.

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
........aaaannnnddd.......I cracked the passenger side rear wheel. Didn't grind enough off the tie-rod end, and it did a little damage to the wheel.

This combo has about 6 miles on it, removing and selling the entire package.

Ordered an XXR "Drag-Pac" Not really, but kinda, will make thread soon.

Users who are viewing this thread