Racing my buddies H/C/I Z06 again... now 1000$ on the line.

BTR

Established Member
A month ago I posted this thread...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-Bet-my-friend-200-I-could-beat-his-H-C-I-Z06

Thanks to suggestions on this board I laid out some power mods

Spent too much money and I'm putting down a little under 600hp now ;-)

BAP
Plugs
Injectors
2.3 with 19psi
and more stuff I'm forgetting.

I'm racing him again this weekend.

Traction is a big issue for me now so we will do 5 roll races. Best out of five.

blackvette101

Established Member
good luck. You definitely have a pair of stones racing a car that makes similar power in a much lighter/more aerodynamic chassis for a grand. I'll give you that.

Why not throw in some race gas and pulley it down more or use the 1000 you will probably lose and get some spray. Somebody just had a similar race on the forum heres the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdjUvk3JBk4&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

Prototype007

Established Member
Good luck, but $1,000 is getting ready to go in your buddies pocket.

If he's aware of your new mods and agreed to your terms, I hope you looked the Vette over well before making the final agreement. It definitely isn't hard to hide a nitrous kit.

***Disclaimer***
First one to say using nitrous is cheating is a ******. Street has no rules!
fa00aeb2825285518eb02025b2ef0494305c7a5bb70d59b4d6ff0edff9e06797.jpg

Zemedici

Established Member
you're probably gonna lose...he makes maybe a bit less power, but weighs much less.

but good luck! :beer:

in for videos!

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
You're done. You probably need 700rwhp to have a chance. You could take out the backseat, passenger seat, and your speakers but its not going to help if you are both putting down the same power and he's at least 400lbs lighter.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Also if you are doing 5 back to back races you may want to make sure you win the first 2 at least. By runs 3 and 4 you will be starting to heat soak a bit.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
You're going to need a lot more than 600 rwhp to take down a H/C/I C6Z, especially from a roll. That car has amazing top end power and the aerodynamics/gearing of the car allow it to do some work at higher speeds.

Mustangs need a lot of HP to be fast, corvettes do not. Just fyi.

Good luck.

aarons04cobra

Established Member
Ya I would buy some NOS and get that on there first. With your current mods, you better hope for some sort of miracle or have fun losing $1g. Sorry bud :-(

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
While everyone keeps talking about the weight difference and that's nice and all, his gearing is also far superior to yours. 60 - 91 - 121 - 160. By 160 his .31 drag co-ef will have you anyway.

Edit: I always hear about how Z's are too long legged, and for some people that might be true, but the car is so ****ing fast all you'd be doing is shifting if it was any shorter.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Arent there h/c/i c6z putting down close to 600rwhp? Holy cow op, in addition to pulleying down, you will need a nice shot of nitrous.

I hope you have some good tires, all the power in the world means nothing if you cannot put it down.

blackvette101

Established Member
OP i'm confused where in your original thread did anybody say a high 5xx rwhp cobra would be a sure enough bet to take down a high 5xx rwhp Z06?

Users who are viewing this thread